1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looks like Kiton bals from LB sale surfaced

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Christofuh, Aug 25, 2006.

1. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I wear a standard US 9D and tried on Kitons last week in sizes from 7 to 9 Kiton size and the 7.5s fit me best. I would get the 9s if you are a 10 to 10.5US. I also found them to be a medium width.

Perry

ok thanks pkincy. seems to be in line with artisan's measurement comparisons as well.
    the 9s actually look a little worse than the 10s on the auctions.
    hmm. i like the look of the 10s. 9s look, i dont know, maybe the extra creasing, but something about it makes it look different, worse.

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

I tried on these shoes this weekend. I have a slightly narrower than medium foot and wear size US9.5D in Edward Green and Grenson. The size 8.5 in Kiton was alright lengthwise (no heel slippage) but too wide. Unfortunately, NM did not have size 8 in stock, but my educated guess is that it would be a better fit.

Based upon my experience, I agree with the posts that individuals with a medium-width foot should go down 1.5 sizes from their U.S. size in Kiton. If your foot is on the wider side, you might be able to get away with going down one size.

Please note that I am an amateur lastologist and this advice comes with no warranties, express or implied. I disclaim all responsibility if you win this auction and find the shoes unwearable.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

ambulance chaser, is this your auction?
    just wondering if these are defective in any way.

i am very interested in the 10s due to the better pictures but the 9s may fit me better.

4. kronik

kronik Senior member

I was looking pretty hard at these - looks like a shill bid on the 10s... 1 feedback, buying some random Kiton shoes.

5. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

well, you can never know for sure.
    ive had several auctions myself where a new account zero feedback just created starts to bid up on my auctions; a couple of them actually bought my shoes, a few of them , i never hear from them or they ask to cancel.
    i mean, it just lowers my credibility and i dont even bother to offer second chance offer to the next guy as he may just get the wrong idea.

6. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

the two kiton shoes have been bought. i wonder if they are from here.

7. kronik

kronik Senior member

We shall see - I wanted the 10s pretty bad. :p

8. LARon

LARon Senior member

I bought the 9s. We'll see how they fit (the cited dimensions match, almost identically, a pair I of StefanoBis I recently bought on sale from Domenico Vacca).

9. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

10. redcaimen

redcaimen Senior member

Whats your american shoe size, Ron? Lets us know how they fit. Thanks.

11. LARon

LARon Senior member

I'd love to post pics of the Vaccas/Stefano Bis (the Kitons appear at the beginning of this thread) and even took several shots last week, but can't seem to get them sized right to upload. I even went to ImageShack, to no avail. What to do?

On the question of U.S. size, I am a true 9.5, but the Stefano Bis (which are 9.5), are a smidgen big. They were part of the recent 30% off sale. I originally ordered a 10 (b/c the salesman didn't know whether they run large, small or true to size; after trying the 10 I concluded that they run about a half size large; the 10s were way too big). In hindsight I think 9 would have best, but they didn't have and I'm OK with the small variance -- they feel more "roomy" than "floppy." (Due to the cited measurements I anticipate the Kitons will have a similar fit. For the cost savings I've enjoyed on both pair, I don't mind.)

I have a pair of Mantellassi's that are a full size larger, but with inserts they wear well. In fact, they're my most comfortable (and therefore favorite) shoes for dancing and long walks, like when I'm touring a new town or winding shopping through mid-town Manhattan.

12. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

Sorry I am a little new to this and not familiar with all the short forms.

Can some one tell me which store is LB?

13. kronik

kronik Senior member

Sorry I am a little new to this and not familiar with all the short forms.

Can some one tell me which store is LB?

Louis Boston.

14. romafan

romafan Senior member

Louis Boston.

Not to be confused w/ Luigi Borrelli....[​IMG]

15. horton

horton Senior member

or Luciano Barbera