Looks like Kiton bals from LB sale surfaced

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Christofuh, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

Sizes 9 & 10 and he's asking $899 ( MA-based e-bay seller). A fairly reasonable mark-up if the shoes indeed came from LB sale. Certainly beats the current NM pricing.
    [​IMG]

2. mussel

mussel Senior member

How much at the LB sale? This pair doesn't come with shoe trees, does it?

3. Christofuh

Christofuh Senior member

He throws in the whole shebang with the deal. From what I understand the sale price was $1925 - 60% + tax.

4. pkincy

pkincy Senior member

Unfortunately he is listing them as US size 9 and 10. Which of course they are not. I think he is definitely risking his heretofore good feedback rating by selling a shoe as a size 9 that is closer to a 10.5 or as a 10 that is a 11.5.

I know that the fora members that have been watching these have figured out the difference or know it already, but the average ebay purchaser doesn't.

Of course the average Ebayer will never even look at these shoes.

I hate to see all these excellent examples of why it is close to foolhardy to buy on Ebay except from a fora member.

Perry

5. ragdoll

ragdoll Senior member

Perry

Could you clarify the sizing on these? Is the size on the shoe an UK size as they would be for EG/Lobb or something different?

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

You're not supposed to buy branded shoes. Is the most expensive way to go.

7. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I think at the price they are a very fair deal...

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Unfortunately he is listing them as US size 9 and 10. Which of course they are not. I think he is definitely risking his heretofore good feedback rating by selling a shoe as a size 9 that is closer to a 10.5 or as a 10 that is a 11.5.

I know that the fora members that have been watching these have figured out the difference or know it already, but the average ebay purchaser doesn't.

I hate to see all these excellent examples of why it is close to foolhardy to buy on Ebay except from a fora member.

Perry

Actually, I tried on the 10 (probably the same pair of shoes - these were the ones available at the end of the sale) and it fit like a pair of 10.5 at most. I am a size 11 US in most shoes, and these were rather tight on me. Maybe Louis got Kiton (which whom they have a good relationship) to stamp the American size instead of the UK on them.

9. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Perry

That sounds like quite a size discrepancy - greater even than the strange CT/Loake sizing disparities. Is Kiton's sizing usually a full size off from standard UK sizing?

10. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

I'm close to a perfect 10.5 and the Kiton 9 fits me perfectly.

11. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

Hmmmm......

I fit perfectly in the EG 888 in size 10F.

Any thoughts on how those Kitons would fit?

12. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

I am very interested in getting these as I am a size 10 D U.S. and 9.5 E U.K.
    (I fit comfortably in Lobb 9.5 E and 9.5 C&J, and I fit comfortably in 10 D Santoni and Polo).
    Which ones should I get? And also , these look similar to the ones that are heavily antiqued. Why are these the same model but not the antiqued?

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

The outsole measurement for the size 9 shoes suggests a real size between 9.5 and 10. I suppose I can go to Needless Markup this weekend and try on this model to verify. If they don't laugh at me and tell me to get lost.

14. kronik

kronik Senior member

The outsole measurement for the size 9 shoes suggests a real size between 9.5 and 10. I suppose I can go to Needless Markup this weekend and try on this model to verify. If they don't laugh at me and tell me to get lost.

I was at least offered assistance though I declined, at the one in Mazza. I did look at the Kitons - only 2 pairs really screamed buy me though you can't afford me - I'm actually more impressed by the model on eBay.

15. Soph

Soph Senior member

The Medallion seems rather large, for business, I think they may be a bit too ostentatious. Definitly not understated. Something to consider. Business associates may start staring at your feet, beautiful shoes, but they will keep looking at your feet due to the large medallion.