• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looks like APC may have finally been faked

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
decided to drop the link just in case they are real, dont want to be ******** on someones auction without proof ya know!

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad they're using Context's photos too...

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by djh
Too bad they're using Context's photos too...

hah, I know, someone should let them know.

Its not every day that someone runs into a large stock pile of every cut APC makes in numerous sizes, located in China, guy must be really lucky.... and then all his buyers are from Thailand, I wonder what they are going to do with the denim over there.

ingraman

Reaction score
PCs are made in China right (Macau)? I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the factory.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the counterfeiters are just chomping at the bit to duplicate a cheap niche brand!

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ingraman
APCs are made in China right (Macau)? I wouldn't be surprised if they came from the factory.

If they did I would guess they were stolen, which I doubt happened. I am sure APC prob. keep s apretty tight lid on its product for fear of it being duplicated and the market being watered down with fakes, much like what has happened to Diesel over the years.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
If they did I would guess they were stolen, which I doubt happened. I am sure APC prob. keep s apretty tight lid on its product for fear of it being duplicated and the market being watered down with fakes, much like what has happened to Diesel over the years.

Diesel = expensive brand with high name recognition. Nobody is going to spend time faking raw APCs

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
"since Sep-19-07 in China"

LOL, been lurking for a whole year just so he can sell fake APCs. nice

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think almost every clothing item on taobao is fake.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pridecake
That's surprising. The first thing people will copy is something that has a lot of noticeable detailing. APC has no branding or name recognition for the most part. It sells because of the quality.

Not sure about quality. I always thought they sold because they are a relatively cheap entry level raw jean.

As for faking them, they are getting recognition from the likes of GQ and they are present in alot of Asian countries (Japan, HK, Malaysia, Sing, Korea, Phils - all have legit APC denim available) so who knows, maybe there is a small demand for cheap fakes.

After all, Levis LVC are a pretty eccentric brand (compared to their washed selection) and those are faked in large quantities.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads