Looks like a steal for a 12D

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AlanC, Jun 21, 2005.

1. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I was just in Paul Stuart today. They are having a big sale. Sadly, all the sale shoes are awful. Not one pair, in any size, of SC on sale.

3. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Manton, anything of intersted on sale at PS. If memory serves, their recent in-store seasonal sales were not very good.

4. dorian

dorian Senior member

um... I just bought them. Hmmm... Anyone know how they fit? They're Grenson Masterpieces, right? I figure, for $50, I couldn't go wrong, right? Â [​IMG] Still, not something I needed. Â [​IMG] Hope I didn't just foul up on these....

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

The sale was disappointing all around. I was not impressed by the ties, but then I generally am not impressed by their ties. I was most let down by the socks. I gnerall thing that they have the best sock selection in the city. They had tons on sale, and I didn't like any of them.

6. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I accept no responsibility... [​IMG] Seriously, had they been my size I would have bought them myself and told you about it later. Let us know how they turn out.

7. dorian

dorian Senior member

LOL.... Don't worry... I wasn't preparing to place blame on anyone but myself. I will let everyone know how they turn out... Any word on these Stuart's Choices being Masterpieces? They look like 'em. Manton? JC?

8. dah328

dah328 Senior member

All the Grenson Masterpieces I've seen say Stuart's Choice on the insole rather than Paul Stuart. I have a pair of wholecuts like those from one of Grenson's lower lines. I think they're good shoes if not quite the equal of the Masterpieces.

dan

9. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Manton, the Paul Stuart Summer Sale begins tomorrow at 8 am. My guess is you will see better stuff there tomorrow.