• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to Upgrade to Loro Piana

haloitsme

Reaction score
Maybe the question was overread...
Why do you want LP? Because you like their Baby Cashmere? Their Style? Their Logo? etc.

Construction wise, it is ok.

When you want to spent a heafty sum on a coat? jean? sweater?
Why not consider other brands like Kiton, Brioni, Zilli (imho, nice leather jackets), seraphine, ISAIA, etc.
You can tell us your budget and we could advice brands, fabrics, cuts, etc.

PS., LP run sales events, and also has outlet stores.

JASONBLOOD

Reaction score
Hi,

Have been wearing Burberrys ever since I’ve considered myself an adult. Now I’m seriously looking to upgrade to Loro Piana after few visits at the shop, and also not liking the direction that Burberry is going with.

The quality of Loro Piana is noticeably better than Burberrys, but my dilemma is not about that or the price: it was about the ways to purchase: it was so easy to buy Burberrys, I usually buy at their annual sales online, and it seems like that LP doesn’t really have sales online at least on their official site.

I have visited two different stores one on Long Island other in New Jersey. When I went into the Long Island store last year the sales lady told me that they do have sales rarely but those were for unpopular items and odd colors, then last week when I visited the Jersey store the lady told me pretty much the same thing.

Sorry for the short story made long, but my question is that can you really wait and look around or whatever and buy their winter jackets at a slightly discount? At this point I’m really only interested in the cashmere Storm System jackets, like the Roadster and the New Traveller in Navy Blue, I believe they are both close to 5 grand.

I don’t mind paying full price but just wanna the game, for example can you negotiate at the store like at a typical watch AD? Or is it known that you have to pay full retail like a Rolex, and thank god no mark up in this industry. Thank you all in advance.
Heres the deal. I am only buying loro piana for off the rack. My shirts suits jackets shoes etc all bespoke. But loro piana doesnt play. Yes, its weird to look in my closet and see 40k of sweaters. Yes, 900 dollar shirts off the rack are outrageous. But its the best of the best. Hermes and cucinelli are pikers in comparison

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heres the deal. I am only buying loro piana for off the rack. My shirts suits jackets shoes etc all bespoke. But loro piana doesnt play. Yes, its weird to look in my closet and see 40k of sweaters. Yes, 900 dollar shirts off the rack are outrageous. But its the best of the best. Hermes and cucinelli are pikers in comparison

you woke up a dead thread for this?

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
update for everyone Loro Piana has an outlet in the Bay Area. bought a vicuna coat 75% off. It's the san Francisco premium outlets in livermore, ca. you can call them, very helpful and they ship stuff.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol i think only silk shirts cost 1k. most of the shirts cost 500 bucks - they are great - bought a few recently. but 40k worth of sweaters ... damn

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
update for everyone Loro Piana has an outlet in the Bay Area. bought a vicuna coat 75% off. It's the san Francisco premium outlets in livermore, ca. you can call them, very helpful and they ship stuff.

that’s an awesome discount but when you consider the MSRP was somewhere between $20-30k, it’s still pricey.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that’s an awesome discount but when you consider the MSRP was somewhere between $20-30k, it’s still pricey.
oh of course - yes price was 24k or so. I paid 7.5k - just love the coat - feels amazing and its very under the radar nobody knows or sees it unless you really love LP and know their stuff in detail.

IMG-1912.jpg

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh of course - yes price was 24k or so. I paid 7.5k - just love the coat - feels amazing and its very under the radar nobody knows or sees it unless you really love LP and know their stuff in detail.

View attachment 1732842

you’re LP’d the **** out man! It’s a very nice coat. By the way, aren’t those shoes the most comfortable? I have a few pair in different colors and amazed how they just fit like a glove after a few wears.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you’re LP’d the **** out man! It’s a very nice coat. By the way, aren’t those shoes the most comfortable? I have a few pair in different colors and amazed how they just fit like a glove after a few wears.
yup lol LP'd out for sure - bought a bunch of stuff recently. also love the andre shirt (bought a bunch in cotton/ denim and linen) and the shoes are the best - so comfortable with no socks. bought a second pair and want to get the knitted ones also.

I am considering the gator ones :) if I can find them on sale somewhere - 6.5k is a bit much but if I am in the right mood I might just buy them.

1641515484679.png

JamaisAssez

Reaction score
I won’t argue that LP is expensive. Nor will I argue that it may not be overpriced, but it’s excellent quality and in contrast to above, well made and constructed.

LP are first and foremost fabric engineers. They also control their supply chain by working with herders in the harvesting of the raw materials, to the weaving as well as the manufacturing of their cashmere, and vicuña, garments.

however, I would say if you’re going to drop money on LP, get something that is their core competency. Their outerwear is excellent. They are made with function in mind and their storm system technology really is second to none. Their cashmere knits are also very well made and of excellent quality. They will pill a bit initially but otherwise maintain their hand and shape even with regular wear.

Other things like their denim, cotton and other Non cashmere garments, though nice, aren’t worth the mark up in my opinion.

I share the same sentiments, Phileas. However, in my experience their jumpers are on the thin side (i.e. rarely above 2-ply) and are not as tightly knitted (i.e. uses less yarn) than say, William Lockie. Perhaps due to the fact that the raw materials are already so expensive to begin with.

LP cashmere above 2-ply gets very pricey, say beyond 3k.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I share the same sentiments, Phileas. However, in my experience their jumpers are on the thin side (i.e. rarely above 2-ply) and are not as tightly knitted (i.e. uses less yarn) than say, William Lockie. Perhaps due to the fact that the raw materials are already so expensive to begin with.

LP cashmere above 2-ply gets very pricey, say beyond 3k.

they are definitely thinner than Scottish cashmere but I’ve not had any issues with durability as a result.

stifler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is LP baby cashmere compared to saw Colombo? I've heard Colombo knitwear is better than LP

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads