• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to get a new Bimmer - lease or CPO?

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 325i (2002) with 70k miles and am looking to trade it in. I might explore selling it on my own, but that's besides the point.

I am considering either buying a CPO 2005 similar 325i with 20-30k miles on it, or get a brand new lease.

thoughts?

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you doing this? They're the same cars. Is the 2002 325i broken in some way?

--Andre

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea i think it would be a waste of money. They arent different except for the years.

LSeca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask yourself if you will be happy with a newer version of the same car you allready own. Are the lower miles worth the added cost, or will you want the new body style down the road?

Condor

Reaction score
You might want to consider adding to your fleet, but something
totally different. Like how you have brown shoes and black shoes.
Having all black shoes makes now sense.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Condor
You might want to consider adding to your fleet, but something
totally different. Like how you have brown shoes and black shoes.
Having all black shoes makes now sense.

Once you've had a bimmer you'll never consider something different

I actually just changed my 320i E46 sedan from 1999 for a 320i E46 Cabrio from 2004. Same color, same interior, same options... just now i can open the roof again... ( I had a 328i E36 Cabrio before )

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
Once you've had a bimmer you'll never consider something different

I did, and I bought it, too.

--Andre

Condor

Reaction score
I totally agree. What I meant to say is, if you are
driving a couple year old 3 series and are thinking about
trading in on basically the same thing you have now, why
not just add to the fleet with something like a Z3 or Z4
depending on how much you want to put into it.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
I did, and I bought it, too.

--Andre

what was that?

After driving a BMW, I dont think I would consider any other car in a small sedan or coupe under the 100k price range. Mercedes, Audi just dont click as well as BMW does with me. Maybe I would go for a Porsche or a Maserati but I dont think anything comes close to BMW in their price range..

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
what was that?

Porsche Cayman because it's a nicely made German car available in a mid-engined RWD configuration. The M Z4 Coupe was the closest competitor, and the obvious winner comparing just specs and price, but its feedback feels synthetic and a bit soulless.

--Andre

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Porsche Cayman because it's a nicely made German car available in a mid-engined RWD configuration. The M Z4 Coupe was the closest competitor, and the obvious winner comparing just specs and price, but its feedback feels synthetic and a bit soulless.

--Andre

Yew, you made the right choice.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Condor
I totally agree. What I meant to say is, if you are
driving a couple year old 3 series and are thinking about
trading in on basically the same thing you have now, why
not just add to the fleet with something like a Z3 or Z4
depending on how much you want to put into it.

You know, I thought about that for a long time. I could keep my sedan that is very practical and get a nice Z3 for the summer months.

After thinking it deeply I decided that I didn't need 2 cars. One is enough, and as I have become more enviromentally concious, I use less my car and more the public transport and the bike.

This Cabrio is a pleasure to drive, is beautiful, elegant, powerful. So I made the change...

after 1 month I regreted the decision... after 3 months I was more convinced than before it was the right decision, and so I am now.

My next car however, MUST be a BMW hydrogen car. I hope they would do a conversion kit so I could put the Hydrogen engine in my current Cabrio as they do in Brazil with the alcohol and in Peru with the Natural Gas engines in older cars, but I don't think they'll do it. We'll have to wait some 5 years maybe to have 3-series bimmers with hydrogen motors...

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

--Andre

The guys at Top Gear made a very bad review of the Cayman, they compared it to an emasculated Carrera
laugh.gif

Pariolino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
The guys at Top Gear made a very bad review of the Cayman, they compared it to an emasculated Carrera
laugh.gif

That must be why they wrote this about it:
Like splitting the atom, Porsche has managed to squeeze a model between the Boxster and 911 with explosive results. Costs much the same a Boxster and better to drive than a bog-standard 911
seems like their only complaint was that it was not a Cayman S. To me the Z4 looks like ass, but taste is taste.

Of course at my size I can't fit into either of them
frown.gif

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pariolino
That must be why they wrote this about it:

seems like their only complaint was that it was not a Cayman S. To me the Z4 looks like ass, but taste is taste.

Of course at my size I can't fit into either of them
frown.gif

I agree 100% about the Z4. I have heard absolutely nothing bad about the Cayman, many even wonder why Porsche would not back this car in racing...oh don't want to cannabalize the 911

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads