• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to buy strapped boots

Jamesm

Reaction score
Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster here, so if I've neglected to follow board etiquette, or done something wrong with my first post, my apologies. Please feel free to set me straight.

I'm after a pair of strapped boots for casual/smart casual wear during the autumn/winter/spring months. I'm in the UK, and budget is a huge consideration. Bearing this in mind, an internet search shows me Charles Tyrwhitt do a pair which are currently on at £155:
Attachment 2279

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/productMSB...s&level3=Boots

I am familiar with their shirts, although prefer Lewin. An advantage would be that I can go to Jermyn Street and try them on in the shop. It might also be worth waiting, as CT currently only have a 25% discount, and often hold 50% off promotions. Waiting a few months is something I am prepared to do.

The others I saw were at Shipton at Heneage:
Attachment 2280

http://www.shiptonandheneage.com/erol.html#534X575

£40 cheaper, but I don't know the company at all, and I can't try them on for size. Ultimately I don't mind spending an extra £40 at CT if they are the better manufacturer. Recommendations and advice please, and if anyone knows of other retailers with similar products at a similar or lower price, please post.

Many thanks in advance.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the childrey is most likely by Alfred Sargent, and is part of their classic collection.

The CT is probably Loake, although maybe Barker. if you don't have it, here is the 50% off link that should get you the CT items at 50% off right now.

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/pine

Jamesm

Reaction score
Thanks guys but those look to be links to the American site. I can't change the method of payment to sterling.

NoVaguy I don't really know the difference between Sargent, Barker, and Loake, or even who the first two companies are, except that I own a couple of pairs of Loakes which I'm really happy with. (Recent graduate and can't afford to buy the really expensive shoes
musicboohoo[1].gif
) Please would you ellaborate.

Thanks.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jamesm

Reaction score
Size 10. Otherwise £95 would be a bargain

trogdor

Reaction score
If you're located near Jermyn St. this migth help: I can't remember the name of the shop, but I recently saw a pair that were identical to the CT ones on sale for £99. It was on the west side of Regent St. somewhere between Hanover St. and Conduit St. They had them in just about every size between 8 and 12.

Sorry I can't remember the details.

LeicaLad

Reaction score
Pediwear is having their Winter Sale right now. They have the Tricker's boot currently on sale AND in your size. They (Tricker's) also have a shop on Jermyn St, so you can examine them in person. Keep us posted.

724jermyn_chepstow.jpg

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ummmm... how come nobody has recomended RM Williams, StyleForum's patron-saint of boots?

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
ummmm... how come nobody has recomended RM Williams, StyleForum's patron-saint of boots?

Because the OP had a low post count and doesn't deserve to don the orgasmic leathery pleasures known as RMW Boots?

.. kidding.
rimshot.gif

minimal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
Do you, by chance, take a size UK8?
OK, I can't get these out of my head (though i wish they had a leather sole). Does anyone know how long ago PS had these boots? Or if Grenson makes similar for anyone else? I did a pretty exhaustive search and found nothing...in fact Grenson's current lineup is very very far from the look of this boot. All leads appreciated in advance, Minimal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads