• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking to buy mens business casual shoes? (UK) Recommend me!

dng992

Reaction score
Upgrading my wardrobe in line with that of my work. Mainly have streetwear casual pieces.

I have work shoes from loake/c&j, was wondering what are good places to look for mens business casual shoes - budget of <£500. I prefer black over brown but that is because I'm used to wear black oxford for work purposes.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surely you can find your way around the High Street of out of town Shopping Centre. Clue: start at Marks and Spencer.

dng992

Reaction score
lol yep if i want to look like im dressed by the internet with my clark desert boots, ocbd from uniqlo and beige hideous colour CHINOS

WillisAU

Reaction score
If you already have Loake and Crockett & Jones shoes you're off to a good start. Why don't you go back to the places you got those from to look for a good "business casual" shoe (which is probably better off in brown than your preference of black to be honest).

AStylishHo

Reaction score
Hmm, well do keep in mind you don't have to spend all your money, just find a good quality versatile pair :)
That said, I recommend Bass Buckingham in Taupe or White. I've been wearing them when I upgraded my wardrobe and my goodness will I continue to wear them.

dng992

Reaction score
yep. Im aware those are tried and tested brands.

As someone starting on their 'sartorial journey' Im not entirely sure of what 'brown'/patina shoes to pick up and make a worthwhile investment in.

I'm a fan of classic for businesswear in terms of shoes, but I'm early 20s hence want something versatile but which doesnt make me look like Im trying to dress like a 30+ married with kids.

I own grenson brogues but in black with a blue vibram sole (bought in sale) but have not worn enough because I dont particularly like the chunky grenson look.

Last edited:

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Justin Fitzpatrick (The Shoe Snob), and he is offering a Balmoral brogue boot in patina for 475 GBP (limited sizes left). He has a shop in London and an online store.

dng992

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Justin Fitzpatrick (The Shoe Snob), and he is offering a Balmoral brogue boot in patina for 475 GBP (limited sizes left). He has a shop in London and an online store.
Good shout. Reminded me of him. Have had a look through but theres nothing that really catches my eye atm. The boot patina is nice but I'm looking for more a shoe atm. Any other suggestions?

BenjaminZeev

Reaction score
I'm a boot guy, so I tend not to pay much attention to what shoes are offered, but you can get any model they ever had (including some which were only shown on social media) MTO for a 90 GBP surcharge. You can choose the last, color/material, medallion, cap, and I think even how much of a brogue.

Would you be willing to take a trip to France? Septieme Largeur has a lot of shoes with patina options, so if patina is your thing they may be worth checking out, at least online. They are notably cheaper, but I think that the leather is not as nice.

Also the Parisian Gentleman has a lot of shoe company reviews, from companies all over the world. If you have not read it, it may be worth a look https://parisiangentleman.co.uk/2015/08/23/parisian-gentlemans-mens-shoe-review-2015-2016-part-12/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads