• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking older...

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cowlicks can be fixed by the right hairdresser and use of the proper products... You might have to live with it a week or two, but after that, go to a good hairdresser and get suggestions, they will teach you how to fix it or give you a style that eliminates it.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grow your hair longer and gel it back. And get some sun.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sun might backfire (even if it's not excessive). It certainly won't reduce redness. If it's from rosacea, for example, then it's off to the dermatologist for treatment.

Reaction score
Play up your hairline, don't take the corners down if you want to go after an 'older' look. Maybe switch to a trimmer and keep even stubble around your face.

Or, like others have said, just wait. When you're 30 you'll have 26 year olds convinced they're older than you, and you will have many good laughs.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have the haircut of a middle schooler. I have a cow lick myself. Grow you hair out and it will be easy to hide, and easy to use to your advantage for some styles, I promise.

Aside from that, train yourself to speak in a deeper tone, avoid slang, and dont smile all the time. People smile less as they get older.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by younglookinguy

My hair gets a little unruly when I haven't gotten it cut in a while... That being said, this is one of the reasons I posted this. I don't know else to do my hair. If I wear my hair down, then it looks.... dumb due to my cowlick. If you have any suggestions about how I should actually do my hair, let me know...

That's just going to be a transition period you will have to deal with. Once it grows out enough, assuming you dont have naturally curly or wavy hair, it will look much better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads