• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for work as a Designer/ Technical Designer/ Design Assistant

alexyip

Reaction score
[FONT=arial, sans-serif] Hello, my name is Alex Yip. I am interested in being a Designer/ Technical Designer/ Design Assistant. I believe that my education and experience qualify me for the role.

[FONT=arial, sans-serif] I currently design for Ours, which is a casual contemporary clothing line.[/FONT] [FONT=arial, sans-serif]I come up with concepts, designs, colors, fabrication, and trims. I also work with the technical flats, tech packs, spec sheets, line sheets, do fittings, evaluate lab dips, and communicate with manufacturers and sales representatives.[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif] My experience in the fashion industry began when I studied in London and [FONT=arial, sans-serif]interned at a textile design firm named Westcott Designs. I was immersed in a world of prints, graphics, texture, and color. I assisted the designers with research, patterns, sewing, finishing, dyeing, etc. for fabric shows like Première Vision in Paris. I also gained some very interesting insight on how businesses operated in a foreign country. After graduating from college, I interned at a manufacturing firm/retail space, called The Factory by The Evans Group. They facilitate up-and-coming designers launch their collections while providing the clothes to sell in their retail space. I created promotional materials, graphics, styled for fashion shows and photoshoots, came up with designs for clients, etc. After that, I designed for Boditecture, which is a convertible architecturally-inspired clothing company where I came up with concepts, sketched, CAD, made patterns, draped, tech packs, and sewed samples. [/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif]I[/FONT][FONT=arial, sans-serif] recently did some work for Stovall & Young, which is a raw denim company[/FONT] where I made samples, did promotion and marketing, and communicated with local manufacturers.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I am a graduate of San Francisco State University with a B.S. in Apparel Design and Merchandising. While studying at SFSU, I had the honor of winning “Most Creative Product Line Fall 2010” for my upcycled line, Swell and “Best of Show in Garment Design” at my department senior showcase. My knowledge of fashion is extensive and I am very up-to-date about designers, current marketing, sustainability, social media, trends, etc.
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif] I am a good candidate because I am passionate about fashion, communicate well both written and verbally, am professional, creative, self-motivated, friendly, responsible, and have a strong work ethic. I have gained a great deal of experience throughout my past employments and want to apply those skills to what ever position is being offered. You can view my portfolio at
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]www.alexyip.moonfruit.com [/FONT]and e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank you.
[/FONT]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads