• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for wide hangers help

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any stores/online stores where I can buy 2"-3"+ wide hangers for a reasonable price? I prefer wood if possible.

I checked eBay (shipping is outrageous to Canada), Walmart, and called a local men's clothing store, nothing there. Any suggestions? I would use the floor of my closet and it is probably best for the leather jackets anyways, however I really prefer a neater solution nowadays.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kirby Hangers may fit your bill. He has an affiliate thread on the forum.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
at $25 per hanger i feel the hurt, are there any other options? they don't need to be fancy, however they must be wood,

Dr. D

Reaction score
The best deal I have found is when Jos. A Bank has their frequent buy 1 get 2 free sales. That will yield 3 wide hangers for $15. They also have some wide hangers made of cedar if you want to pay a little more. This is also a good sale to pick up shoe trees.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

at $25 per hanger i feel the hurt, are there any other options? they don't need to be fancy, however they must be wood,

The best deal I have found is when Jos. A Bank has their frequent buy 1 get 2 free sales. That will yield 3 wide hangers for $15. They also have some wide hangers made of cedar if you want to pay a little more. This is also a good sale to pick up shoe trees.

I feel your pain butthey are good hangers.

Jos. A. Banks has good deals when they are on sale as Dr. D states. I beleive their hangers are the same as Hanger Project but heir sizes are limited.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've recently been looking for this same thing myself, and am probably going to end up getting a few of these:
http://woodenhangersusa.com/cedar-h...d-cedar-ultimate-wide-curved-suit-hanger.html

Maybe I'll try one or two. If I'm not satisfied maybe I'll try the Hanger Project ones, although I'm reluctant to. They have a 10% discount code for SF btw. Or was it from Ask Andy About Clothes? I don't remember, google it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads