Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for wide hangers help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by iroh, Dec 2, 2012.

1. iroh

iroh Senior member

Are there any stores/online stores where I can buy 2"-3"+ wide hangers for a reasonable price? I prefer wood if possible.

I checked eBay (shipping is outrageous to Canada), Walmart, and called a local men's clothing store, nothing there. Any suggestions? I would use the floor of my closet and it is probably best for the leather jackets anyways, however I really prefer a neater solution nowadays.

2. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

Kirby Hangers may fit your bill. He has an affiliate thread on the forum.

3. iroh

iroh Senior member

at $25 per hanger i feel the hurt, are there any other options? they don't need to be fancy, however they must be wood,

4. Dr. D

Dr. D Senior member

The best deal I have found is when Jos. A Bank has their frequent buy 1 get 2 free sales. That will yield 3 wide hangers for $15. They also have some wide hangers made of cedar if you want to pay a little more. This is also a good sale to pick up shoe trees.

5. dragon8

dragon8 Senior member

I feel your pain butthey are good hangers.

Jos. A. Banks has good deals when they are on sale as Dr. D states. I beleive their hangers are the same as Hanger Project but heir sizes are limited.

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

I've recently been looking for this same thing myself, and am probably going to end up getting a few of these:
    http://woodenhangersusa.com/cedar-h...d-cedar-ultimate-wide-curved-suit-hanger.html

Maybe I'll try one or two. If I'm not satisfied maybe I'll try the Hanger Project ones, although I'm reluctant to. They have a 10% discount code for SF btw. Or was it from Ask Andy About Clothes? I don't remember, google it.