• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Wholecuts

BAB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by crwecko
Anyplace I can purchase the Gravati's in the UK or any other shoes which I Can at least try on here before I buy on the internet?

The Grenson Trents are not available in any stores and only a few online retailers carry them so I cant try them on...

grenson trents are discontinued, so they're a rare find these days..

the best of luck to you!

crwecko

Reaction score
Anywhere else where I can try on and buy anything like the Gravatti wholecut for exmaple in the UK? I need to find something and I am afraid to buy without trying them on!

literasyme

Reaction score
Have you asked around? Surely the major high-end department stores should be able to point you in something like the right direction?

habitue

Reaction score
I dont like the Bexleys, they look like they are made in china and the leather doesn't even look like calf. It looks way too cheap.

Agree. Other people however have said to me, that the photos are really bad and don't represent the shoes actual look.

Pengranger

Reaction score
I dont like the brogueing. The whole point of the wholecut for me is to have no decorations or stitching vissible...

If you don't lik the brogueing, the C&J Scarsdale may be of interest. You may be able to get Plal to order them for you? I bought these recently from the factory. As far as I'm aware, they don't appear in any catalogue.

Scarsdale.jpg

Scarsdaleboxlabel.jpg

crwecko

Reaction score
Wow, they are really beautiful! How much were they if you dont mind my asking?

crwecko

Reaction score
I went to see those Hardiges today as well as Ferragamo Tramezza Wholecuts and the Crockett and Jones Alex at the burlington arcade. Well I have to tell you that I am pretty dissapointed... The Hardiges from what I can see from the display (they were closed so I couldnt go in) had too big of a welt, it stuck out so far that it looked a bit silly. The crockett and jones alex just felt and looked a bit too industrial and the leather was a bit too soft (similar to the Pall Mall I had tried on last week) and they were way too pointy looking in real life... the feragammo did look better but they were way too narrow and cost almost twice the price of the C&J....

Any suggestions?

crwecko

Reaction score
What about Maftei? I heard that their shoes are 300 Euro for RTW and 500 Euro for Bespoke? Is this true? Where can I find prices or buy them in London?

Pengranger

Reaction score
Wow, they are really beautiful! How much were they if you dont mind my asking?

They cost the standard factory price for handgrades - £220.

crwecko

Reaction score
Is the shape of the scarsdale exactly the same as the shape of the Alex except that it's a different colour? Would it be possible to get the scarsdale in dark brown or black? Do I need to call the factory?

Pengranger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mildly Consumptive
What last are they made on? The 337?

Someone more knowledgeable than me told me they were on the 337.

Is the shape of the scarsdale exactly the same as the shape of the Alex except that it's a different colour? Would it be possible to get the scarsdale in dark brown or black? Do I need to call the factory?

I believe they are the Weymouth (as they are handgrades) without the medalion. They appear to be a standard shoe, and I guess they could be available in other colours. As they don't appear in the catalogue, I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd ask Plal if they can source them.

crwecko

Reaction score
What are my other options besides this shoe for around the same price range?

TKDKid

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Pengranger
Someone more knowledgeable than me told me they were on the 337.

I believe they are the Weymouth (as they are handgrades) without the medalion. They appear to be a standard shoe, and I guess they could be available in other colours. As they don't appear in the catalogue, I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd ask Plal if they can source them.

The Weymouth without the medallion (Handgrade wholecut on the 337 last) is the Hanover:

Having said that, I believe C&J do on occasion use different names for the same model.

It's not a readily available model; I've seen it a couple of times online, but I can't find the links any more. They might have some seconds left at the C&J factory shop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads