• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Urban Fashion Writers

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by itsnotforgirls
Although that sounds quite noble, it doesn't actually make a lot of sense. If we followed your guidance, humas as a species wouldn't have evolved very far. Everyone would just give up because they were not first (that doesn't make a lot of sense, Google weren't first, Facebook weren't first but hey, I know, they were unique). Well, in a world consisting of 7 billion people, there isn't a lot of room for being unique. Thankfully there are a lot of rewards in life for people who are passionate, hard working and positive. There are a lot of people on the internet, therefore a lot of opportunities to get an audience for your website. I'll also let you in on a secret, there are big rewards online for being 2nd, 3rd, 4th or even 5th best. We live in a connected world with a lot of people looking for content online.

Fair enough I guess (though you ignored my "unique" statement for most of your rant). I just think if you are so hard-working and passionate you could do a website that hasn't been done to death. I just don't see what makes your site stand out from the hypebeasts, selectisms, slamxhypes, etc. of the world; and looking at your site doesn't clearly communicate the difference or the advantage of your site over theirs. So maybe it's more of a communication issue than anything else, or maybe you're just looking to make some cash doing a proven style of website; I don't really know.

I have a hard time believing that every single type of fashion website has been done already, though.

theuglylover

Reaction score
honestly this site needs a lot of work. it looks almost exactly like thought catalog, except for the huge pics of sneakers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads