Looking for tips on living in NYC - Trying to find a sublet for June / July / August

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by bob99, Feb 22, 2012.

1. bob99

bob99 Senior member

Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadian citizen currently living in Vancouver, Canada. I'm finishing a big freelance job in May, and I was thinking of spending June, July and August in New York City. I've been to NYC about a dozen times, but only for a few days at a time. New York is the best city in the world!

Any tips for someone coming to town for a few months? Should I find a sublet / room on Craigslist? Is there a better place to find a short-term rental? My budget is limited, so I'm not opposed to staying at a hostel, though for a multi-month stretch it seems like a rented room would be a better way to do it.

I'm a screenwriter, and my main interest is comedy and film. I want to take some classes at the Upright Citizen's Brigade, and do some standup at open mics. I was thinking the Soho area would be the best place to live, but any recommendations on neighbourhoods would be awesome.

Any tips on this trip would be appreciated!

Bob

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012