• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for thick solid color hoodies

randomtw

Reaction score
Who makes thick solid color 100% cotton hoodies? If anybody has any "regular" and slim fitting hoodies can you list the differences? Is one more tight fitting, how is it slimer, etc?

doesnt have to be 100% cotton but the higher % that it is, the better

Mr. Potato

Reaction score
Depends on your budget. Wings + Horns and Spruce hoodies are generally revered if you have $150+ to spend on hoodies. I'm a fan of American Apparel hoodies for their generally slimmer fitting cut at an affordable price point. I have Large sizes that I'm selling in the market place.

As for regular or slim fitting, it's exactly as it says. Trimmer in the body and sleeves.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apart from skate brands, the thickest fleece that I have seen is used by Wings+Horns. The hoodies are solid and heavy. The slatted fleece this FW is actually slightly less thick than used in previous seasons, including the "Summer" french terry. But the thickest hoodies are the thermal lined ones from Engineered Garments.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J.Crew makes some decent ones that are on sale right now for cheap. They're not omgballer, but at the same time you can buy 3 for the price of a $200 one, so yeah.

randomtw

Reaction score
I'm not talking about super thick but about the thickness of skate brands, maybe a little less thick but definitely thicker than american apparel

Something thicker than what you would normally find in places like mervyns, etc that sell solid color hoodies

where can you browse wings+horns line and also spruce's line?

danilo

Reaction score
Go to Jcrew and get their sherpa lined hoodies... they're not SUUUPER thick... but they're nice! And super soft!

jonsan

Reaction score
The OP was inquiring about 100% cotton hoodies; Wings + Horns are a cotton/poly blend except for the summer terry ones which are 100% cotton and quite nice but we will have to wait and see what the new season brings. If 100% cotton is not an absolute requirement Reigning Champ (made by CYC, the same company that makes Wings+Horns) makes some nice thick solid color hoodies with huge #10 YKK zippers that resemble train tracks in a cotton/poly blend. The sizing on these runs a bit larger than the recent Wings + Horns stuff.
Another option, albeit pricier and harder to source would be to check out some of the Japanese offerings (Loopwheeler, Cushman, etc) which are generally 100% cotton and of high quality. Keep in mind that these generally run small.

truestorytravis

Reaction score
I'm not sure about their thickness, but H&M has lots of solid color hoodies right now.

jonsan

Reaction score
I forgot to mention Ever. The previous stuff I have seen by them was overly distressed which gave them kind of a "limp" feel but the pieces I saw at Barneys and Bloomingdales recently was not pre-distressed at all and were fairly thick, thermal lined, and I believe 100% cotton. Not exactly inexpensive but made in the US.

iamaloser

Reaction score
Does anyone know a reliable source for loopwheeler hoodies? I'm going into NYC next month if there's any little shop stocking them. I just want a classic grey hoodie that isn't crap
frown.gif

jonsan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iamaloser
Does anyone know a reliable source for loopwheeler hoodies? I'm going into NYC next month if there's any little shop stocking them. I just want a classic grey hoodie that isn't crap
frown.gif

Your best bet for obtaining LW would be through one of the Japanese proxies on Superfuture. Even then, Loopwheeler is frequently sold out of many items, even in Japan. Expect to pay approx $175 for a LW09 zip hoodie including EMS shipping and fees. Another alternative would be to scan the classifieds here and on Sufu as these occasionally come up for sale

randomtw

Reaction score
any place online to see loopwheeler, spruce, wings+horns, reigning champ, etc?

anybody have more info on the company cyc? curious to see which brands they manufacture for

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Spruce / Wings + Horns SS hoodie from last year, FW tiger fleeceIf and LW sweatshirt. All great contructions. But if you want THICK, I'd say go for the Engineered Garments Thermal line ones. Think you can grab them at Odin. Those suckers are thick / heavy with the lining. Tried it on at Odin and can vouch for it.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
can I still get the EG raglan sleeve pullover hoodie anywhere?

randomtw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by irbe
I have Spruce / Wings + Horns SS hoodie from last year, FW tiger fleeceIf and LW sweatshirt. All great contructions. But if you want THICK, I'd say go for the Engineered Garments Thermal line ones. Think you can grab them at Odin. Those suckers are thick / heavy with the lining. Tried it on at Odin and can vouch for it.

Can you take a pick of the spruce and wings+horns hoodie? (or is it just called spruce /wings + horns and they arent seperate names for the same thing) how thick is the eg hoodie? is odin-odin new york, if so do they ship?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads