• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for T-Shirts to match my Size and Style

blueblur91

Reaction score
First, I start of with the basics.

Height: 6' 3''

Weight: 150

Jeans Size: 32X36

Next, I'll tell what I have been wearing. I am a t-shirt and jeans/denim shirts guy. For shirts I usually get larges because they are long enough, but they are always baggy on me. Jeans, I do not have as much as a deal with anymore. I have gotten used to wearing relaxed fit 32X36 Levis jeans. I also do most of my shopping at Kohls because they have these jeans and they have shirts that shirt my style.

What I am looking for are shirts that i like the style of and that fit me well. As far as style goes I like blue and black t-shirts with abstract designs. Some examples of designs on some shirts I have are a blue abstract dragon, smoky abstract hawk, lion, and lighting. I usually do not like graphic tees, because they usually have some message behind them and say look at me too much. As far as jeans go I'm o.k. with the jeans I have, but I wouldn't mind trying to find jeans that fit me better. I prefer dark blues in jeans.

I think that covers it. If you need any other information please ask. :)

Dapp

Reaction score
6'3" with a 36" length leg?

Kohls...no. I always assumed the shirts you listed to be graphic tees..and they pretty much do draw attention to yourself. If you don't want to draw attention just go with solids, especially as you're getting older. Check out Everlane/Uniqlo/J crew slim fit tees.

For jeans, look at APC NS. Check the APC thread for ideas.

blueblur91

Reaction score
Thanks for replying. :)

Yeah, long legs, and average sized torso. Big feet too (13).

I wear shirts with designs (not striped,checkered, or solid) because I like them: not to get attention. I guess I would rather have shirts that fit well rather than them have some cool design on them.

I browsed the four sites that you mentioned. For Everlane and Uniqlo I did not see any slim sizes. Are they generally slimmer or did I just not find the slim sizes. I did find the slim shop for J Crew under tees, polos, and fleece. It seems that APC does not ship to the United States or show the prices in U.S. currency.

Is there any physical stores that you recommend looking at. I like to see my clothes before I buy them. Returning clothes can also be a nuisance.

Let me know if you need any other info like measurements, pictures, or whatever.

max_r

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for replying. :)

Yeah, long legs, and average sized torso. Big feet too (13).

I wear shirts with designs (not striped,checkered, or solid) because I like them: not to get attention. I guess I would rather have shirts that fit well rather than them have some cool design on them.

I browsed the four sites that you mentioned. For  Everlane and Uniqlo I did not see any slim sizes. Are they generally slimmer or did I just not find the slim sizes. I did find the slim shop for J Crew under tees, polos, and fleece. It seems that APC does not ship to the United States or show the prices in U.S. currency.

Is there any physical stores that you recommend looking at. I like to see my clothes before I buy them. Returning clothes can also be a nuisance. 

Let me know if you need any other info like measurements, pictures, or whatever.

APC sell within the US (sites like needsupply, and contextclothing, which are forum affiliates I think). that being said, i doubt they'll work for you, their inseams tend to be 34" to 35" at the longest. my new pair of size 29 New Standards I bought a month or so ago only have a 33" inseam (ok for me, since i'm 5'10"). Though i did have a pair of Petit Standards at one point that were a 35" inseam, so if you did want APC's, i'd make sure to email the store first, and have them check the length.

The only brand that pops into my mind right now that has long inseams is Dior, but they're quite expensive.

What type of fit are you going for? are you happy with your relaxed fit levis? or do you want something slimmer or tapered?

regarding uniqlo, they dont have a US webstore, so unless you live in New York, you'd have to order through suddenlee (see; the uniqlo thread for details). They do have measurements for their clothes on the site though (click the size chart button) which are accurate. the 100% cotton ones will shrink when washed/dried, however the dry packaged t-shirts (the ones that aren't 100% cotton) don't shrink at all, and are softer in my opinion.

blueblur91

Reaction score
I would like to focus on t-shirts first.

T-Shirts that:

1) Fit: Probably a Medium Slim

2) Have some sort of design ("Graphic Tee")

3) Can be bought near San Jose, CA

4) Some what cheap: not expensive

-I'd rather they fit better than have a design on them, but I would like to be able to go to a store and see the shirts first.

blueblur91

Reaction score
Heyas, I there hasn't been a reply in a couple days so I decided to get some measurements because they might help. I did these myself so they might be a little bit inaccurate.

Neck: 13 inch

Arm Length (shoulder to wrist): 24 inches

Chest: 34 inch

Waist and Hips where pretty much the same: 32 inch

Inseam: 36 inch

Height: 6 foot, 3 inches

Weight: 150 pounds

Also, I guess I'm alright with going to a store to get custom fit t-shirts. Seems like that may be the only way to go for me.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
milestogo.com has print shirts that are cheap and I like the fit. I guess medium would work for you. They're made by american apparel. Generally, you want cool shirts but your baseline is so low (kohl's is basically unmentionable here) that most people must be scared off from posting in this thread. check out sale items on mrporter.com. they include measurements so maybe you can get a sense of what would work well on you. you're not an odd shape at all, so i can't imagine you'd have problems working with size medium in most fashion brands.

blueblur91

Reaction score
milestogo.com sent me to a traveling agency site.

I checked the size charts on the sites that you mentioned and it said they said I would be XS, or S mainly based on chest size, and waist. I think I messed up on arm length. But, I would probably want to where a medium so they are long enough?

I checked out American Apparel and I think I will check it out the next time I am at Valley Fair (mall close to home). I liked the different colors for the pinstripe t-shirt.

For mrporter.com they only had European pricing. I am in the U.S.

There is also a website that I keep on stumbling across and it has some suggested stores. They are Bannana Republic, Eddie Bauer, Gap, J. Crew, JC Penny, L. L. Bean, Land's End, Old Navy, and REI. Would you recommend or suggest any of these stores for me?

Lol, I am trying to not go to Kohl's anymore. They should want to help me do that. :)

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eddie Bauer and JC Penny are unlikely to have any tee shirts that will fit slim enough. L.L Bean and Lands' End probably won't have enough options that fit. Old Navy is poor quality. If any of the others have local stores, you might as well visit and try things on. J. Crew and BR have slim and tall fits. Also, Urban Outfitters, which might prove to better suit the tastes described than any of the other retailers.

Last edited:

blueblur91

Reaction score
Coolio, thank you for the suggestions on different stores to look at and not to look at. I will post later what the results from online searching are.

Also, I did a little photo shoot of myself this afternoon and got a photo that may help you guys.

blueblur91

Reaction score
Looked through websites for urban outfitters, J. Crew, and Banana Republic.

You were right, I liked Urban Outfitters the best. :)

Banana Republic had quite a few polos that I liked.

Didn't really see much for J. Crew.

Tomorrow I am visiting American Apparel and possibly Banana Republic and J. Crew at a close by mall. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads