• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for structured sport coats

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to expand my wardrobe in the sport coat area, perhaps with a herringbone and a donegal like the ones at BB below.

I really like these colors, but the problem is that both of these are sacks and with a 40 in chest and 29in waist, I want something with a little more waist suppression than the sack cut. What brands should I be looking for and where? I am of modest means, so a $1000 Italian label is simply out of reach.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump.... suggestions would be greatly appreciated! How/where do I find well-fitted sport coats? Brands and stores/websites recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to purchase 2-3 sport coats, a herringbone and donegal like pictured above and also perhaps a tweed or houndstooth.

Thanks, gentlemen!

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is tailoring the sack coats out of the question?

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought of that but didn't know if I would end up with a nice tapered fit. I have a 11 inch drop and don't want look like I am wearing a woollen poncho.

wq1999

Reaction score
I'm not sure what your budget is, but you might consider Ralph Lauren Black Label or even Polo Made in Italy. Both can be found on sale for good discounts. You could also try Corneliani or Isaia, on closeout of course.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wq1999
I'm not sure what your budget is, but you might consider Ralph Lauren Black Label or even Polo Made in Italy. Both can be found on sale for good discounts. You could also try Corneliani or Isaia, on closeout of course.

Any good places to consider to go try them out? Are these only carried in high end department stores? I think we have a Saks downtowm..... also are they available online?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Any good places to consider to go try them out? Are these only carried in high end department stores? I think we have a Saks downtowm..... also are they available online?

A good Marshall's store will have Polo jackets. If you're patient, you might find a nice tweed. You could also wait for a RL online sale, but that probably won't net you a sub-$1K price.

Scrumhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's good advice... there's a Marshall's down the street from my condo - I'll get into the habit of frequenting it to see if I get lucky. Thanks!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 234 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 116 15.8%
  • 31 - 40