• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Stretch Denim

Applewine

Reaction score
Could you guys tell me the brands that sell stretch denim (4% etc)? 1,2~3 doesn't count.

I'm having a hard time finding it and the few that have it don't have jeans that look cool and the percent elastane is too low anyway. I know I like the lucky brand slim bootleg 4% elastane (very comfortable), but I need a non boot cut foot now and a smaller waist. The slim bootleg is weird in it's dimensions and is actually larger up top than regular slim.

I just tried a Lucky slim straight 28x30, which is pretty good, but not quite as fitted as I'd like. Also tried a Diesel safado 26x30 fits like what I have in mind and is more fitted (same waist size as a Lucky 28) and the fit did't look all tight, but they are hard to move in because they have no elastane either.

I like really dark washes with the more bright texture than they sometimes add like the Lucky slim bootleg I bought which cost extra and you can't buy anymore. It was part of their more expensive line and they look really cool.

Thanks for the help. I might have some more questions about denim.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
boots with the fur?

Applewine

Reaction score
Apple bottom doesn't sell men's jeans and I don't know what the other guy is talking about boots.

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Applewine
Apple bottom doesn't sell men's jeans and I don't know what the other guy is talking about boots.

They were quoting a hiphop song.

I don't really know many mens jeans that have stretch. I know most women's jeans have spandex in it, I don't know if I've ever seen mens jeans with stretch.. And you wear a '26 waist? Damn your thin.....

If you want a tighter fit have you tried the super slim styles from the various suggested brands on the denim threads on here?

Applewine

Reaction score
Because I can' stand jeans that feel contrictive and tight and hard to move in. Ironically I think in many cases men's jeans need elastin more than women's because of the mechanics.

Jeans need to be able to bend at the axis point as close to the apex of the inseen as possible to allow the legs to move when walking etc. With women's jeans they can simply raise the inseam really high in the crotch so you get a really close point of axis that matches the actual mechanis of the body, so you don't need stretch unless the whole jeans ate super tight I guess. This is what you will dee in stores. Women can move very easily in jeans that are much tighter than anything a man could wear because if the higher crotch inseam.

Of course with men you can't raise the crotch that high, it would feel or look good. The only alternative is to have loose jeans or have jeans that ate hard to move in if they fit all the way. The middle ground is to have jeans like the Lucky slim which are almost fit all the way. That is why some elastin on the jeans like the diesel safado ( which is nit their really tight jeans even) would help comfort and movement. The just don't feel free and comfortable without elastane.

Applewine

Reaction score
Well I started to wonder why women could wear jeans much more fitted than I want without any elastin, but if I wear jeans looser than them I have a hard time moving comfortably and feel like there us a web between my legs stopphing me from moving my legs. The reason is simple mechanics. What I' saying is men need elastin more than women do because we need a lower crotch but this prevents the jeans from moving IF the jeans are fitted rather than lose. You can take you pick, but if you want a slim fitted Jean (not s super tight emo kind) and want to not feel like the jeans are all tight and constrictive then you need elastin for men's jeans, you don't for women's, unless they ate super tight kind of course.

Applewine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chakmak
Stretch jeans on a guy? That's......interesting.

I guess you could pick up some jeggings. My girlfriend wears them.

No you don't need jeggings. Stretch jeans for guys would look exactly the same as they do now, but more comfortable to move. It is for the more fitted ones though, but even the slightly looser ones could benefit from it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics