• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for specific prom purpose pant..

nonameowns

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in need assistance of searching for specific kind of pant for a prom. Basically I want an skinny rude (low rise) jean style but in prom pant form.

Example of skinny jean: clicky

Example of suit pant: clicky

I want an pant of mix of those two, the jean kind with the suit pant feel, the cloth whatever. Now tell me, is there such thing as this?
eh.gif

Thanks for your time. I'm into punk fashion. xD

Zenny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No such thing.

in before the "GET A TUXEDO NOOB!1!!1!" Brigade.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paint your legs black and glue ribbon to the side of your leg.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the UK uniqlo sell some skinny fit non-denim trousers, you might check them out (they have shops in the states - just don't know if they stock the same stuff)

Also you might want to try women's trousers, this is actually how the supper skinny jeans started - Indie kids bought women's jeans because they were tighter and have stretch in the fabric - so I see no reason why you shouldn't get some women's elastic blend trousers. Make sure you try some on in store, not order them online so you can check they fit in the crotch.
You will look like a tool in my view, but then that is just my view of very skinny trousers.

My honest advice is just to find some slim fitting but not skin tight trousers, there are punk trousers like drainpipes that don't look as horrible, or show your allegiance with some tartan trousers, they will look so much better than the spray on tight jeans.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, you may be able to get what you want if you have the inclination to consider vintage clothing. Some trousers from the 1960s were roughly as you describe--low rise with a pretty skinny cut.

If you're unable to find something vintage, you may want to get a suit and have the trousers tapered. I did this many years ago during my mod phase. Found a great suit from 1972. The jacket was nifty, but the pants were too wide. Took them to the local tailor and had them slimmed down.

MLIW

Reaction score
I dont think its a good idea trying with a skinny fit pair of trousers for a prom, you wanna look your best dude!

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
Actually, you may be able to get what you want if you have the inclination to consider vintage clothing. Some trousers from the 1960s were roughly as you describe--low rise with a pretty skinny cut.

Have you seen his example pic? much more than just a skinny cut, they are spandex mix skin tights. Your idea would be nicer however.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your choiice to go dressed like this so don't worry about comments otherwise but you would probably have to have them made unless you were very lucky.

cthip

Reaction score
this is a really, really BAD idea--and that's coming from a guy who wears skinny jeans outside of the office. men's suit pants simply aren't made as tight as you want them. the reason is a thin wool just does not look the same as thick cotton/spandex denim. if wool pants did exist in the cut you were looking for, they'd probably end up looking something like this: http://www.rei.com/product/771470 if you're dead-set on this idea--your only choice really (as suggested above) is womens or more likely girls/juniors. women's pants will probably be too big in the hip area, and girls/juniors may be too short if you're a tall guy. i do think going traditional with a tux is the best idea. it's unexpected, and everybody will be surprised and impressed with how well you "clean-up" and you can still have some fun if you buy your own shirt/bow-tie combo instead of going with the standard rental fare. the last option is to wear a skinny jean in a black coated finish. something like this http://www.cultizm.com/product_info....TED-DENIM.html they give you the fit you want, but since they're coated they don't look like jeans exactly. they have a sheen and look a little bit like leather pants. paired with a white jacket i think it would give you the look you want. kinda tough to find a good photo example, but here's one of sid vicious wearing something vaguely similar http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2T15FI3POt...ld+Biggs).jpeg if you decide to go this route, just make 100% ABSOLUTELY SURE that this is ok with your school's dress code for prom. no matter how awesome you think it is, nothing would embarrass your date more than getting kicked out because you have jeans on.

nonameowns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cthip
this is a really, really BAD idea--and that's coming from a guy who wears skinny jeans outside of the office.

men's suit pants simply aren't made as tight as you want them. the reason is a thin wool just does not look the same as thick cotton/spandex denim. if wool pants did exist in the cut you were looking for, they'd probably end up looking something like this:

http://www.rei.com/product/771470

if you're dead-set on this idea--your only choice really (as suggested above) is womens or more likely girls/juniors. women's pants will probably be too big in the hip area, and girls/juniors may be too short if you're a tall guy.

i do think going traditional with a tux is the best idea. it's unexpected, and everybody will be surprised and impressed with how well you "clean-up" and you can still have some fun if you buy your own shirt/bow-tie combo instead of going with the standard rental fare.

the last option is to wear a skinny jean in a black coated finish. something like this

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info....TED-DENIM.html

they give you the fit you want, but since they're coated they don't look like jeans exactly. they have a sheen and look a little bit like leather pants. paired with a white jacket i think it would give you the look you want. kinda tough to find a good photo example, but here's one of sid vicious wearing something vaguely similar

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_2T15FI3POt...ld+Biggs).jpeg

if you decide to go this route, just make 100% ABSOLUTELY SURE that this is ok with your school's dress code for prom. no matter how awesome you think it is, nothing would embarrass your date more than getting kicked out because you have jeans on.

Ahh thanks you very much! I def like the black coated denim. Pretty much looks like suit pant. My prom is not really standardized since it come with a theme and it's 20's to the 50's. I don't really cares much for that so I wanna come up with my own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads