• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for some new casual shoes/sneakers

Sway23

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of casual shoes/sneakers to wear with t-shirts etc.... something along the veins of Onitsukas, Chucks, etc... ie: something semi-trendy, but not overly flashy/fashion-victimish. Any suggestions as to a brand or style to take a look at?

Thanks!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the newer Puma designs are pretty cool.

I'm a fan of these Puma El Rey, and retail is only $45.

34245406.jpg

Not sure of your budget, but the Puma 96 Hours Collection is nice, but will run you $220-$440.

Babar

Reaction score
The Adidas Samba in Kangaroo leather is a great choice:
SI-AD019161-2.jpg
They look great in white too but the synthetic leather isn't quite as comfortable imo. The Italia is also a model I've always loved, but the nicer colorways are still hard to find despite it being reissued.
adidas_italia_green_m2.jpg
For designer sneaks, Helmut Lang is definitely a something to look at (on discount). Some Prada stuff is definitely wearable too, like these:
prasho-4e1146nerocat.jpg

pdxjayhawk

Reaction score
Nike, as many of you know, bought Converse a few years ago. Converse is now doing some pretty cool things.

I bought a pair of the improved Jack Purcells a couple of weeks ago. They're excellent. Look just like the old favorites, but are much more comfortable due to some improvements in the original design...More cushioned insole, etc.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Adidas Rio Grande - you can find it in all kinds of colors, and it's got a cool pattern on the toe:

riograndebig2le.jpg

minya

Reaction score
Not sure if you're keen on spending a lot of money, but Visvim's Newton 2 model is absolutely fantastic -- it looks sort of like a Chuck Taylor, but it's a little bulkier, and it has all this weird stuff inside (straps, super padded insoles) that make it the comfiest shoe I've ever worn. They're about $195 in the US, though. here's a pic from Huf in San Francisco, who has them available:

xcoldricex

Reaction score
also there's a trend of sneakers that look like dress shoes- with the wingtip detailing and such. vans, swear, hare, paul smith?, visvim (buckminster cap) and a few other brands make nice pairs.

Durden

Reaction score

click em

chucks 2 tone
vans x supreme
vans & chuck all whites
Marc jacobs vans sk8 hi white/green patent
paul smith sneakers

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads