• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for some C&J Balmoral's

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Any idea online where I can find them?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
none of those sites have the balmoral

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh, i thought you meant as in balmoral laceup shoes, not as in a model.

there's no balmoral model listed on the crockett and jones UK site. in that case, you should check the C&J french site (google it or whatever) to see if it is even being made, and if they don't have it, it is probably discontinued and you'll need to email the company and go from there.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks for your help

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
thanks zj

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you can buy direct from them (?)
Barney's NY carries them for $625

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I imagine that the French site is just an expanded list - but that all the handgrade shoes are made in the same manufacturing site. When I contacted C&J through the UK site last year about sizing issues, they further indicated that they could sell directly to the public. So I'm guessing you could buy the balmoral/balmuir through the UK site as a last resort (although you'll probably have to pay full sticker price).

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'll call Barney's and you all know what happens. How is the sizing relative to edward green? I wear a 7.5E in the 808.

Thanks again.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried them on a couple of weeks ago, and I think the last is somewhat on the narrow side. However, I vary between a regular and wide width. I think if your foot is on the wide side, they may be too narrow. It's a shame becasue they are beautiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics