• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for small good quality dinner table

gilwood

Reaction score
I'm looking for a small dining room table, like one you'd see in a restaurant. Square would be best. Maybe something in the very approximate dimensions of 30" x 30". This would go in a tiny little NY apartment. I guess I also need some tiny little matching chairs too. Any suggestions?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Ikea is a good spot for inexpensive apartment life.

I also think there are a few dedicated websites to apartment living, for higher end items. Maybe do a Google on that?

gilwood

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Ikea is a good spot for inexpensive apartment life.

I guess I should have mentioned that I wanted something of good quality. I've done some google searches, but it's really hard to tell target quality from thomasville quality from internet pictures.

I also don't know much about brands, so I'm afraid of getting the cole haan of furniture (expensive but crappy quality).

jagmqt

Reaction score
I'd check craigslist.

Give it a week of daily checking and I bet you'll find something at a good price.

jag

dave

Reaction score
Dunno what your style or budget is, but if I had to have a square cafe type table, it'd be this one most likely.

That said, I like round tables best, especially for a smaller space. a 36" saarinen would be nice. I have the Ikea knockoff of this one and it works fine in our little breakfast nook.

A Noguchi is also nice. and you can get a knockoff here cheaper.

JacobJacob

Reaction score
below are only suggestions in different styles and design you could look for - All the table somehow creates air around them, which is the most important thing to look for when buying furniture's to smaller apartments (beside the color..) But go for something like this - the round shape gives the table a lighter look compared to a square and creates some xtra space. this is also Piet Hein/ Bruno Mattson (Arne Jacobsen?).
img3267.jpg
img3268.jpg
Measurements: 70x99x99cm (HxWxD) 27,6x39,0x39,0" (HxWxD) This is designed by Arne Jacobsen.
img21197.jpg
Measurements: 70x80cm (HxDiam) 27,6x31,5" (HxDiam) the same, table but slightly bigger.
img77914.jpg
Measurements: 70x120cm (HxDiam) 27,6x47,2" (HxDiam) You could also go for something like this - It is small yet practical because of the 2 drop leaves - Also Arne J.
img43150.jpg
Measurements: 68x70x70cm (HxWxD) 26,8x27,6x27,6" (HxWxD)
img71904.jpg
drop leaves 40 cm each But go for the super minimalistic design - the noguchi cyclone that Dave linked to has too much going on (imo). It eats the free space around the table. And as in everything, the price should give you an idea of the quality. If the wood is solid - which it nowadays rarely is, it usually is fine. Same goes for the steel. You can also try twitching the table. If it feels like crap, leave it for someone else.

jagmqt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Debra Jackson
yes i know one online resource from where i have purchased Dining tables & chairs and Living room furniture, you may also use this resource they are also allowing Online Discount Coupons to save your money.. they are offering discount in the ration of 5%, 15% etc..

-------------------------------------------
Online Discount Target coupons to save your money

" The greatest temptation for destiny is to make a man eat his own words."​

Hmmm...

Something makes me think this is not a legitimate offer...
spam[1].gif

jag

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you want to meet the person who made the table, there are some excellent craftsmen/women who could do a job like this.

The Society for Arts and Crafts just held a show in Boston (CraftBoston), and there is a similar show more furniture-oriented in Providence this fall.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads