• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for slim grey pant for spring/fall

korce

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a slim fitting medium-grey pant for spring and fall wear. I've done a bunch of looking and googling around but haven't seen much so far. Cotton, wool or linen is fine by me, though I'd be curious to hear others opinions on the cotton vs. wool debate.

I'm looking for a fit along the lines of APC's "narrow trouser" (which of course they don't have in grey this season!). Price preference is under $150 but if the fit and material is really nice I might be willing to pay more.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help...

Clench Million

Reaction score
what is your waist? I have a size 36 slim fitting pair of grey Cloak jeans that are too big for me...

w.mj

Reaction score
Surface to Air has a grey, waxed-cotton pant in their spring line that's quite slim. The fabric is unconventional, so it may not be what you're looking for, but it's an interesting piece. ~$150-160 I believe.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
If you can find them the cotton canvas jil sander ones in ice grey fit this bill.

vassago

Reaction score
PC has grey pants this season ( http://www.apc.fr/indexS08.php?r=1&e...d&zone=0&lg=0), but they are straight legged...if you are looking for slim fit ones, you can always buy a smaller size..
or if you are not brand conscious, you can try yesstyle.com....they do have grey pants...recommend u to go for those by jbros or scou or purplow, where at least there is some level of quality control, as for the other brands, the quality is questionable for the price.

korce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Clench Million
what is your waist? I have a size 36 slim fitting pair of grey Cloak jeans that are too big for me...

My waist is 32 - so unfortunately those won't work! I'll look into the Surface to Air ones though...Hopefully Nomad has em.

SantosLHalper

Reaction score
I have a pair of light cotton Helmut Lang pants. I believe they're a few seasons old. Nice fabric, pretty slim. They might be a little lightweight for later in the fall, but they are good for spring and summer.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
If you can find them the cotton canvas jil sander ones in ice grey fit this bill.

I am sure they fit the bill except the price point on those. Stop trying to make people jealous all the time....

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While some people build wardrobes for the price people pay for a pair cotton pants... somewhat amazes me still.

I got a great pair of fitted gap chinos this spring for $25 dolllars on sale. They're not tapered but a narrow straight fit down the leg. Only thing was I needed to size one down from my true size. They're a light steel grey color, not as light as cement either. They also have a slightly dressy coating that has yet to come off after a few times handwashing them cold. Very clean.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
While some people build wardrobes for the price people pay for a pair cotton pants... somewhat amazes me still.

Its more fun that way

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

+10.

The Japanese label Attachment by Kazuukyi Kumagai also did a ton of great pants in various silhouettes and shades of grey for the Spring. Unfortunately, I don't think Atelier or The Archive bought em. You might wanna check H Lorenzo out though.. Just be warned the SAs there are kinda asses.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads