1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for similar sportcoat

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jess21, Apr 17, 2006.

1. jess21

jess21 New Member

Hello all,

I really like the color and style of this jacket. Can anyone tell me where I can find a similar/the same one. Of course I would not wear it with the green cardigan.

[​IMG]

2. dah328

dah328 Senior member

It looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.

3. Aureus

Aureus Senior member

Um why? Looks like a high gorge 2 button sold color sports coat with a notch lapel... I don't see anything particularly 'suity' about it.

4. jess21

jess21 New Member

Thanks.

You think it was part of a suit and not really meant to be used with different pants? Is this color called charcoal?

5. Tomasso

Tomasso Senior member

Um why? Looks like a high gorge 2 button sold color sports coat with a notch lapel... I don't see anything particularly 'suity' about it.

I think that it's an orphan(not that there's anything wrong with that) and It appears to have 3 buttons

6. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Looks like charcoal sharkskin, and looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.

7. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Everything you mention is "suity" -- hard-finished worsted in a single, dark color. That's definitely suiting cloth, not sport coat cloth.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

Anyway, that's pretty much the most basic suit there is and you should be able to find it anywhere.

9. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Single-breasted charcoal is pretty easy to find, but the sharkskin weave is certainly little less common these days.

10. Aureus

Aureus Senior member

I think that it's an orphan(not that there's anything wrong with that) and It appears to have 3 buttons
    Noted, the 3rd buttonhole/button were hidden quite well in the shadow on my monitor. Had to change brightness settings to be sure they were there. Regardless, I don't quite understand why those things I mentioned equate to it being a suit. Someone can't simply wish to have a sports coat with those pretty much standard features?

11. dah328

dah328 Senior member

Noted, the 3rd buttonhole/button were hidden quite well in the shadow on my monitor. Had to change brightness settings to be sure they were there. Regardless, I don't quite understand why those things I mentioned equate to it being a suit. Someone can't simply wish to have a sports coat with those pretty much standard features?
    Sure, just as you could wear a black suit for work or a notch lapel on your dinner jacket but none of those three examples follow the conventions of dress (otherwise known as "the rules") to which most of us subscribe.

12. lameduck

lameduck Active Member

Definately a suit coat.

And he doesn't look good in it with the jeans.

Regards

13. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

It looks like an orphaned suit coat to me.

Agreed. I'll go further and say it looks like the coat of a Ferragamo (Zegna-made) suit I bought five years ago.

14. raley

raley Senior member

Can anyone identify the jeans?

I actually like this outfit a lot (minus the tie).