Looking for shoes, plus Union Square DSW?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by amirrorcrackd, Nov 4, 2004.

1. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

How is the selection of dress shoes? What brands do they have, and what are the price points like?

I'm looking for a nice pair of dress shoes, only my budget is very modest (about $100.000). I'm looking specifically for black leather, and with a leather sole. The good news is, I don't mind buying used. Does anyone have any other recommendations as far as where to look?

Thanks,

Dan

2. jerseyguy

jerseyguy Well-Known Member

Look for Allen Edmonds on eBay (either used or through their ebay store).

Also, you can try their outlets and Nordstrom Rack as they often have them on discount.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

for $100 you should be able to get something nice from ebay, they might also have some grensons left for that price as well. For a minute I thought you said your budget was $100k, I was thinking you could buy quite a few shoes for that price.

4. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior member

http://www.ctshirts.co.uk/product....=MSHFBK Worth $107.00? Â Are they rubber heals? Â The look is exactly what I'm going for, but considering that is my whole budget, I don't want to blow it on something of a questionable quality. What are the general thoughts on suede shoes? To me, suede seems less dressy, maybe because it's less shiny, but what do I know...I like shiny things. I have been considering those monkstraps in the other forum, but there is no black leather. Should I go for the suede? And if the suit is navy, black shoes, or brown? Thanks again for all the help, Dan