• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for particular brand of Oakley Sunglasses

xc311

Reaction score
The kind Phil Laak (poker pro) uses. I believe they are the Warden model (2004), instead of having the Oakley "O" logo on the side, they have the name Oakley.

phil-laak-774.jpg

I tried looking everywhere, but can only find new and more different models of the Warden. Anyone know a different place where I could look for this particular brand?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
those look almost identical to oliver peoples commanders

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
By "Brand", I think you mean "Model"...
The Brand is Oakley, the Model is UNKNOWN...

xc311

Reaction score
Whoops. Yeah, I meant model. Sounds kind of dumb asking for a brand when I say what it is, lol.

But yeah, they do look alot like oliver peoples commanders, but then have a much thinner frame, I think.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The actual Oakley Warden model has gone through a few changes. It was initially released as part of the Stretchline that included the Fat Cat, etc. If I'm not mistaken, 1st gen. Oakley Warden sunglasses had the Oakley name engraved in full on hammer earstems.
These were only available at select Oakley dealers: http://www.o-review.com/glassesdetail.asp?ID=585

2nd generation Wardens had trigger earstems, again with Oakley engraved in full: http://www.o-review.com/glassesdetail.asp?ID=1859

Finally, 3rd gen. Wardens have a square o logo on trigger earstems: http://www.o-review.com/glassesdetail.asp?ID=3255

I think they've all been discontinued by now, but you can find some on ebay. Oakley has since released a bunch of different aviator styles, starting with the Crosshair which was widely available shortly after the 1st. gen. Wardens came out.

*edit* Links added. Also, didn't see the pic the OP posted while I was at work. Those indeed look like 1st gen. Wardens.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne

Only on SF can you find an expert or someone with detailed knowledge on practically anything... always amazes me.

OP, good luck

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics