• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for Organization to Donate Suits and Dress Shirts

mcgillm5

Reaction score
Have collected about 30 years worth of suits (10-15) and dress shirts (20-25) that I would like to repurpose to an organization that helps guys dress for interviews or get back in the work force. Are there any nationally known groups that met this specific need? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There was a member here doing something like that a few years back.

mcgillm5

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Men's Wearhouse had a program but it was discontinued due to the pandemic I was told.

JohnWitDatDoe

Reaction score
Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but the West Virginia University Statler School of Engineering has a program where they accumulate donated interview clothes for male and female and students can borrow items for free to use for interviews and formal events.

mcgillm5

Reaction score
Might not be exactly what you're looking for, but the West Virginia University Statler School of Engineering has a program where they accumulate donated interview clothes for male and female and students can borrow items for free to use for interviews and formal events.
Thanks for the input. I'll look for something like this in my area.

rjc149

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt will accept the donation of any dress shirt, and will give you a $10 rebate on any non-promotionally priced item. As of now, this is only for shirts, not suits.

There’s an organization called Suits For Success that donates dress clothing for those getting into the workforce. I’m not sure if this is a national organization

I have donated old suits and dress shirts to the Salvation Army and Goodwill. People commonly shop at thrift stores for secondhand dress clothes, so there’s a good chance your suits will be appreciated in their new home. The sale proceeds give the employees a working wage.

mcgillm5

Reaction score
Charles Tyrwhitt will accept the donation of any dress shirt, and will give you a $10 rebate on any non-promotionally priced item. As of now, this is only for shirts, not suits.

There’s an organization called Suits For Success that donates dress clothing for those getting into the workforce. I’m not sure if this is a national organization

I have donated old suits and dress shirts to the Salvation Army and Goodwill. People commonly shop at thrift stores for secondhand dress clothes, so there’s a good chance your suits will be appreciated in their new home. The sale proceeds give the employees a working wage.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.