• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for online and toronto shoes stores

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest online shoes store sells authentic items?

Also, where in Toronto I can find fine mens shoes?

Thank you.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in Toronto next week and the two shoe places on my list to check out are:

Rego (in the Exchange Tower) for JM Westons.

83 Bloor St. W. (name of the store is the address) for Stefano Branchini.

Lower down the 'fine shoe' scale you should be able to find Allen Edmonds at any Harry Rosen...

Don't quite know what you mean about "online shoes store sells authentic items" but a number of people swear by Pediwear. If you're patient, PLal can't be beat for C&J.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes .. I checked out Harry and Rego. I have not checked out the other store you mentioned.

Harry seemed to carry Zegna Satoria and Canali shoes .. how's their quality compared to Gucci and Prada.

Shoes selection in Canada is really limited when compared to US. Also, if I order Testoni shoes from bluefly, I am gonna get swamped by custom and duty fees. So really, my choices are limited to whats in Harry Rosen or Holt ..

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yes .. I checked out Harry and Rego. I have not checked out the other store you mentioned.

Harry seemed to carry Zegna Satoria and Canali shoes .. how's their quality compared to Gucci and Prada.

Shoes selection in Canada is really limited when compared to US. Also, if I order Testoni shoes from bluefly, I am gonna get swamped by custom and duty fees. So really, my choices are limited to whats in Harry Rosen or Holt ..

How was the Weston selection at Rego (and if you don't mind me asking, the pricing)?

Can't help you with Zegna or Canali or their relative quality as compared to Gucci or Prada - I don't own any of these makes.

If you order from Bluefly you may get hit by customs/duties as well as GST and PST (sometimes I've been charged, sometimes not - no rhyme or reason). Plan on adding 20%-30% to your purchase price.

FWIW, I rarely buy shoes in Canada anymore. I travel a fair bit and so take advantage of whatever location I'm in. In addition, I know my sizing and then order from off-shore sellers. One exception to that rule is Edward Green from L'Uomo Montreal.

FCS

Reaction score
Last time I look in the beginning of the year, Weston shoes at Rego retailed for about CAD $700-$800. Thye were doing clearance sale at that time so whatever's left was 40%-50% discounted.

Canali shoes are blake-stitched, but the leather are definitely of higher quality than Prada's and Gucci's, which are mostly garbages anyways. Not very good values at full retail prices though; better to stick with AE if you have to buy retail. Don't know about Zegna shoes, unfortunately.

Pressfan

Reaction score
I haven't seen any Westons at Rego since the winter when they seemed to be clearing out their remaining stock.  All they seem to have now are Allen Edmonds (@ $450 CAN a pair, this seems a bit rich given Nordstrom's was selling several styles for $199 US at their Anniversary Sale) and some Cole Haans.

Dack's on Yonge and in Royal Bank Plaza have some Church's, but they are asking $750 and $850 a pair.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen any Westons at Rego since the winter when they seemed to be clearing out their remaining stock. All they seem to have now are Allen Edmonds (@ $450 CAN a pair, this seems a bit rich given Nordstrom's was selling several styles for $199 US at their Anniversary Sale) and some Cole Haans.

Dack's on Yonge and in Royal Bank Plaza have some Church's, but they are asking $750 and $850 a pair.

Oh crap.

Would you say it's worth the bother to visit Rego then (i.e. do they have any other merchandise of distinction)? I'll be in Forest Hill and would like to avoid any trips south of Bloor... Trying on Westons was the one draw.

FCS

Reaction score
Huh, I thought I saw some Westons when I passed in front of Rego's store, or may be I was mistaken? It's too bad if they no longer carry Westons.

Rego is primarily an MTM shop. Merchandises aren't really that unique, the best suits that they cater is Brioni, and while they do Zegna I'm not sure if they do Napoli Couture.

water

Reaction score
Anyone know any good online shoe stores?

Pressfan

Reaction score
My error regarding Westons at Rego.  I checked today they do carry three models: a black cap toe oxford ($795 CAN), one of the modern Perry designs (lace-up) and a flex sole rubber boot.  I was told that any other model can be ordered: double soled shoes go for about $900 and triple soled for $1100.  They also have the brochure available.  My recollection is that regular Westons were going for about 440 euros in France in the spring.  Taking the tax refund into account, the mark-up seems a bit high.

While Rego is very nice, it is not terribly large and I concur that the emphasis is on made-to-measure; the ready-to-wear is limited and there is very little sportswear.  I don't know that I would make a special trip unless you wanted to check sizes and/or place an order.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My error regarding Westons at Rego. Â I checked today they do carry three models: a black cap toe oxford ($795 CAN), one of the modern Perry designs (lace-up) and a flex sole rubber boot. Â I was told that any other model can be ordered: double soled shoes go for about $900 and triple soled for $1100. Â They also have the brochure available. Â My recollection is that regular Westons were going for about 440 euros in France in the spring. Â Taking the tax refund into account, the mark-up seems a bit high. While Rego is very nice, it is not terribly large and I concur that the emphasis is on made-to-measure; the ready-to-wear is limited and there is very little sportswear. Â I don't know that I would make a special trip unless you wanted to check sizes and/or place an order.
Wow - my sincere thanks for reporting back on this. I'll likely check them out. If the Perry model is a demi-chasse in brown it will be very difficult for me to exercise self-control...
sadlike.gif

Pressfan

Reaction score
The Perry model is dark brown, but does not have a split toe; it's somewhat elongated and a bit squared-off.  Not really my style, but still a very fine shoe.  I'm getting a quotation on the classic demie-chasse, but suspect the price will be prohibitive.  This will provide a further incentive for another trip to France next spring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads