• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for new work shoes around Meermin Mallorca Price Point

mr.invincible

Reaction score
I am in need of replacing my Aldo's work shoes and wanted to upgrade my wardrobe. I like Meermin Mallorca's price point and leaning towards their oxfords, but wanted to see if there are other brands out there with similar or greater quality/durability.

davidprince_

Reaction score
I think Meermin Mallorca would be your best bet. They produce quality shoes, it also might be worth considering buying their shoe tree as well if you want your shoes to last longer.

Alpha11

Reaction score
Well seeing you have been here on SF for quite some time I don't need to tell you that just about any brand that is not Aldo's is a step in the right direction.

Not sure where you are from however, I would definitely look at investing a good pair of quality shoes. Reason being you said they are "work shoes" and as such it would be safe to say you'll put a far amount of miles on them. If that is the case then getting a pair of Alden, Allen Edmond's or , C&J would be a better investment rather than Meermin.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never tried Meermin but a consistent comment is that they are stiff and slow to break in. At a similar price point, also check out Carlos Santos and Yanko.

Makin

Reaction score
Guys, I want to join to topic starter's question.
I've bought Meermin shoes recently and they are so damn narrow. Are there any wider alternatives in the same price range. I guess Loake 1880 is good starting point, but maybe something else?

dapperguy80

Reaction score
Guys, I want to join to topic starter's question.
I've bought Meermin shoes recently and they are so damn narrow. Are there any wider alternatives in the same price range. I guess Loake 1880 is good starting point, but maybe something else?

I think you should have bought a G wide. It also depends on the last, Hiro fits me perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads