• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for new shoes

2000dB

Reaction score
I'm getting really desperate, so I've posted this over the other SF too. I need help
biggrin.gif
I'm looking for two pairs of shoes, one dressier and one pair of daily shoes. I've been wearing the same beat up adidas for more than a year and they're really getting nasty. I've tried on soooo many pairs of shoes from converse to carpe diem and nothing looked right on me. I have long feet (12/45/30), maybe that's why. So far the only shoes that I almost bought were Yohji hi-top sneakers and Jil Sander dress shoes. I also saw some cool (sample) Avoid gray dress shoes with blue patten leather accents, might have to ask them to give them to me I have an unlimited budget (sorta...I'm that desperate) so give me all the suggestions you might have. Here's a few points to help narrow down the search. Dress shoes: - Nothing pointy - Nothing square - Boots are prefered, but it doesn,t matter too much - Suede is cool (in gray it's very cool) - Nothing falshy (distressing, laces, etc.) Sneakers - Nothing pointy - Nothing square - Hi-top prefered - No very big logos (aka nike) - No german army sneakers Sorry, if this post makes no sense at all... I'm tried. Thanks

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a friendly FYI.. the non-sneaker question may be better posed in the Men's Clothing forum. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd go with some Edward Green.

2000dB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Just a friendly FYI.. the non-sneaker question may be better posed in the Men's Clothing forum. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd go with some Edward Green.
Yeah, maybe I should post there too, but my unlimited budget might be still limited for their price range and my clothing style is a bit more excentric than their suits, so it porbably wouldn't be right. I don't want "classic" dress shoes either, just a cleaner pair of shoes, something I could wear with my usual clothes, but that looks nice and is made out of fancier materials than sneakers, but nothing like loafers
biggrin.gif
. Argh! I can't type coherent senteces this afternoon...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads