• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for new leather watch strap, where to find?

bjornb17

Reaction score
I got a Bulova watch as a gift last year, and i like it a lot except that it has a corrected-grain strap that i'd like to replace with full grain. Can you please provide recommendations on where to find a nice supple full grain strap? What do I need to know or to do replace it? Can I do it myself?

Thanks!

wetnose

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
I got a Bulova watch as a gift last year, and i like it a lot except that it has a corrected-grain strap that i'd like to replace with full grain. Can you please provide recommendations on where to find a nice supple full grain strap? What do I need to know or to do replace it? Can I do it myself?

Thanks!

You need to find out what's the lug width - where the strap connects to the watch. It could range from 18mm to 22mm. Once you have that width, look up the sizes on ebay. Or google for di modell watch straps. Alternatively the buy/sell sections of watchuseek or timezone might have something available. Some sellers will also send the tool to change the strap - see youtube for demo videos.

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second Di Modell and also look at Sirtoli. But if you want leather (instead of exotic like alligator, etc.) go by your local jewelry / watch store and they might have some Hadley Roma straps. I bought a Hadley Roma strap in leather with crococile grain for $40 and the installed it for me.

You can do it yourself - it's pretty easy if you have the proper tool. But if the jewelry / watch store will do it for you, let them.

Chris

kungapa

Reaction score
I got a leather nato strap from singularstraps.se that I quite like. Though perhaps a nato strap might not be the right strap for your watch.

gwolf

Reaction score
+1 on hadley roma.. i use them for my cheaper watches. di modell alligators are nice but pricey since it's the real thing. i also like hirsch rivas for sportier straps. they come with a deployant buckle already..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads