• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for male colognes with strong, long-lasting scents

HLPR

Reaction score
Basically I've tried most of the easy to get colognes - Davidoff, Guess, Calvin Klein, Nautica, Burberry, few others I can't remember and my body just eats them all up. I need 8-10 sprays just to smell good for 2-3 hours using colognes that my friends go 2 sprays with and think it's almost too much on them...

Now, I have some burberry touch, acqua di gio, and 'man' by guess and I am partial to those scents so I was hoping someone here could suggest something along those lines only stronger.

Last edited:

Style Minded

Reaction score
I have the same problem so I understand what you're looking for. Aramis, Paul Sebastian and Armani Mania have all worked for me. I have received compliments first thing in the morning and at the end of the business day on all three. The others that I have tried (and that is no small number) tend to fade quickly even after 10-12 sprays. Boucheron is another one that lasts well. Good luck.

hennree

Reaction score
Try Givenchy Play (intense) - it has a very strong, unique scent. GIRLS LOVE IT. :foo:

Last edited:

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
HLPR, before you decide that these scents have vanished, consider that your nose adapts to the smells around it and starts to tune them out. Read up on Olfactory Fatigue and take it easy with the sprayer for a while.

Because of olfactory adaptation, people who are wearing too much perfume or cologne seldom realize it. The odor is only one-fifth as powerful to them as it is to other people.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
/rachel: And, of course, moisturize your skin.

Last edited:

NiceGuyTom

Reaction score
Guerlain L'instant De Guerlain Extreme

Dior Homme
Dior Homme Intense
Chanel Egoiste
Parfums De Nicolai New York

All have great lasting power and are great scents.

Eric Michael

Reaction score
Rather a late reply to this thread... but there's always time to buy more perfume!
Strong scents I've found include:

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather (most of the PB line is strong though)
Tom Ford Extreme, Grey Vetiver, Black Orchid (you can see a trend emerging here...)
Hermes Bel Ami (beautiful, old-fashioned leather scent)
Bois 1920 Real Patchouly (hot fragrance, pimento pepper mixed with tonka bean and leather... amazing)
Bond No. 9 Cooper Square, New York Oud
DSquared2 Potion

I agree with b1os, if moisturizing the area(s) where you spray, the perfume should last longer... I also like to spray some on my clothing (depending on the colour that I'm wearing)
Remember, Eau de Parfum lasts longer than Eau de Toilette, but doesn't always necessarily project as well.

Last edited:

Onur Arslan

Reaction score
Dior Homme Intense always wins. I've never heard a woman say she doesn't like it and it last forever. I come back home at night, take a shower for 20 minutes and it's still there. And i always go 2 sprays. Amazing scent, amazing power. Not for sunny days tought, i change to Bleu De Chanel in the summer.

MMoon24

Reaction score
I would say it's a bit more of a summer scent, but it's known to be a classic and does last long. Mind you, it's not "smell me from a mile away" type. The person has to be within talking distance.

Issey Miyake l'eau d'issey

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nuff said.

notimetoget

Reaction score
I've never heard a woman say she doesn't like it and it last forever. I come back home at night, take a shower for 20 minutes and it's still there. And i always go 2 sprays. Amazing scent, amazing power. Not for sunny days tought, i change to Bleu De Chanel in the summer. thanks for your sharing,
CHEEFv

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads