• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For Luxury Lace-Up Leather Dress Shoes, NIB or Demo, Size 12-C

Jerry52

Reaction score
Hi,

I guess I'm just "kicking tires" for the moment, but if you have a shoe opportunity meeting most of the following, I could be interested...

12-C (medium width)
Great brand- prefer Spanish, Italian or British
Basically conservative styling with roomy toe box
Supportive/ well-built/ repairable
Comfortable
Excellent grade of leather
Leather or leather-rubber combo sole
Prefer blucher/derby style (flaps evenly parallel over tongue)
Minimum four maximum five eyelets, again only four or five pair of eyelets
Closeout, slight blem BUT NO JUNK, NOTHING ALREADY REBUILT!
Prefer dealing with AUTHORIZED dealer
Not interested in "knock-offs"

I would only consider dealing with a business/ individual known to me by virtue of much participation in the forum. That means, a lot of posts...

While I might consider a preowned dress shoe, I'm really hoping for a new/demo/closeout/blem

The big things are quality of the leather, quality of construction, comfort, orthopedic support to feet...

Please- only dress shoes, only lace-ups, only blucher or derby style, only from some of the more esteemed makers, only recraftable styles.

Thanks...

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Jerry, not sure if you are interested but I coincidentally getting a shipment of a size 11.5D Santoni FAM in a blucher semibrogue captoe with Norvogese welt.
Retail $1500+ I am selling it for $689.

they run half size large, so they would fit a 12 foot.

let me know if you are interested . thanks.

brand new in box of course. double sole. dark brown /almost 'cordovan' color . definitely can be worn with suits for an avant garde look.
santoni Fatte a Mano line is highly deemed here by many. one of the top handmade italian shoe makes out there.

Jerry52

Reaction score
Hi Shoe,

Thanks for your reply, and I've heard a lot of good about Santoni (or at least some of them) but that is still beyond my budget. I definitely need to stay South of $400. Appreciate the offer though!

Jerry

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
no problem at all, hope you find the shoe you want, good luck.

the thing is, one day you may get to the point where you will spend a thousand dollars on a shoe without even blinking.
smile.gif

Jerry52

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
no problem at all, hope you find the shoe you want, good luck.

the thing is, one day you may get to the point where you will spend a thousand dollars on a shoe without even blinking.
smile.gif

I'd like to say "you're crazy"
laugh.gif
but of course, I'M the guy who's crazy
smile.gif
ABOUT SHOES!
lol8[1].gif
so... "never say never!"
crackup[1].gif

Seriously, there's a part of me that feels "guilty" if I spend too much on anything frivolous. I mean, shoes are a necessity, but maybe the lily can be gilded too much, what with world hunger and such...

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to brooks brothers web site. In the men--->clearance---->footwear section there is Peal Apron Blucher for 160. Its a very good value for the Alfred Sargent Premier line (its also available at pediwear for UK170 pounds plus shipping. Use FRIEND39 for 25% off the clearance price.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

Regards.

Jerry52

Reaction score
Thanks Shikar for the suggestion. The link connected but the photo didn't come up. I'll have to try again.

How does Sargent generally rate for comfort and construction among British shoes? Are they similar in quality to Tricker, Edward Green or Crockett & Jones?

Jerry

Jerry52

Reaction score
Thanks Shikar, the Pediwear link worked, and it's a nice looking shoe, except that the styling is just almost identical to my Alden 757 Orthopedic, which is still in pretty fair shape. No point having two virtually-identically-styled shoes in regular rotation, IMO.

Here's a "plain toe" style I'd prefer, except that it has only three eyelets. The only "plain toe" I spotted with five eyelets was a much lower-priced shoe, so presumably not as well constructed.

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/detail.php?stock_ID=481

My second choice would probably be a split-toe.

Do you or anyone else have an opinion if Sargent is the equal of similarly-priced shoes by Tricker, Crockett & Jones, etc?

Thanks again for your interest.

Jerry

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads