• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for help with wedding attire as groom, specifically shoes

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have my wedding coming up 8/25, it should be quite hot, located in Mass. My style is generally fashion forward but more street wear, thus no suits. It's not that I don't like the classic style, I just don't feel comfortable in it. With that said wedding is at a barn b&b location, rustic chic vibe, late afternoon into evening. Probably will stick to a suit v. tux..

Unfortunately due to a number of issues I wasn't able to get quite the start on the outfit I was hoping, which is going to rule out any mtm or bespoke options, however my body fits otr well. For suiting looking to be under $1500, for shoes in the $500 range (not really any more)

Wanted to get thoughts on what shoes I should be focusing on, was thinking C&J possibly church's, any other quality shoes I can get in that range (prefer nothing I can't try on first, given the time constraints). Likely will do brown or some lighter shade to go with some shade on blue suit, possibly 3 piece.

Tia

useless_username

Reaction score
You can't go wrong with Oxfords. Preferably black (brown if you absolutely must).

Specific brand, etc, will depend on what's available for you locally. I wouldn't invest $500 if you practically never wear them.

mintchox

Reaction score
Agree with Useless on the black oxfords. Go with a dark blue suit.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's