• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Grenadine ties

coltboy75

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Call Paul Winston at Chipp2 in New York - (212) 687-0850. If he's got the color you want, the price cannot be beaten.

I called and he shipped me sample swatches of the grenadine. I have not seen the tie or pictures of it, but he is almost half the cost of everyone else. I can mail the samples to anyone interested, just PM me your address.

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coltboy75
I called and he shipped me sample swatches of the grenadine. I have not seen the tie or pictures of it, but he is almost half the cost of everyone else. I can mail the samples to anyone interested, just PM me your address.

What does he charge?

coltboy75

Reaction score
$42.00 plus $6.00 to ship. I ordered a navy one this afternoon.

mrchapel

Reaction score
$42.00 plus $6.00 to ship. I ordered a navy one this afternoon.

Are there pictures of ties from this source that anyone can share?

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Are there pictures of ties from this source that anyone can share?
I thought there were some in the thread in post #5, but I must have misremembered.

coltboy75

Reaction score
He sent me swatches, which I am happy to send. They are at the office, but I remember silver, pine green, scarlet red, navy, gold, black and plum. I think I am forgetting one.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jmoody15
Does he have any yellows?

He sent me swatches, which I am happy to send. They are at the office, but I remember silver, pine green, scarlet red, navy, gold, black and plum. I think I am forgetting one.

The Gold is a Yellow.
These are a really good deal. They are nice ties at a great price.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you know how much darker the midnight blue is than the navy? Any discounts for buying more then one? What was the turn around from time of order?
We only have navy and burgundy now but are working on getting more colors. Forex's photo is rather light-colored than they really are. Take a gander at the photos on our website. They're $75, free shipping in the US. Usually arrives in 3 days via first class.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The navy paisley grenadine is pretty neat looking

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have thought to mention it already, but Paul Stuart is always a good source for Grenadines.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Yes-- Paul Stuart has some "limited edition" ones right now. Self-tipped and made in NY. Very nice. I have one in grey and it is a perfect shade paired with a navy suit. Thinking about getting their navy as well.
Did I already mention this in this thread?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads