Looking for Grenadine ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmoody15, Nov 9, 2009.

1. jmoody15

jmoody15 Senior member

I'm looking to pick up a few grenadine ties. I'm horribly picky on colors, so I'm looking for quality, but with plenty of options. Any suggestions?

2. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

Kent Wang
    Jay Kos
    Sam Hober
    Four In Hand Ties
    Brioni from anywhere that sells Brioni

3. jmoody15

jmoody15 Senior member

Kent Wang

Where can you get these? The website offers only pocket squares and cufflinks.

Thanks for the list, though. Should be plenty of options there

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

5. jmoody15

jmoody15 Senior member

There was also this thread that a search would have turned up:

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=128873

It includes comments on the quality of the ties.

I read through that one. I would rather have the luxury of looking at the colors online/in store before I spend the money.

6. skefferz

skefferz Senior member

7. ysc

ysc Senior member

Can't comment on the quality but Harvie and Hudson have a few grenadine knit ties on their website.

8. jmoody15

jmoody15 Senior member

9. knittieguy

knittieguy Senior member

This really looks like the best option. Plenty of color options there. Any word on the quality? Price looks great

Great quality. Only drawback is sometimes it can take weeks or months to get an order filled.

10. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

JPress offers grenadine ties. Shipping is quite high, but if you are able to get to a store, the prices are decent, especially on sale.

11. academe

academe Senior member

Great quality. Only drawback is sometimes it can take weeks or months to get an order filled.

David's ties are excellent and I highly recommend them. The only ties that I think rival his for quality are the Drakes that I have...

Re: manufacturing times - I think it's actually down to about 3 weeks or so now, plus another 1 week or so for shipping (or at least that was might last experience when I ordered a few weeks ago). I think he's managed to up his turnaround by hiring and training new staff.

12. thinman

thinman Senior member

David's ties are excellent and I highly recommend them. The only ties that I think rival his for quality are the Drakes that I have...

Re: manufacturing times - I think it's actually down to about 3 weeks or so now, plus another 1 week or so for shipping (or at least that was might last experience when I ordered a few weeks ago). I think he's managed to up his turnaround by hiring and training new staff.

Though I'll second the recommendation for sam hober, in terms of quality, color selection, and service, Saks sells grenadines made by Drakes (look for the small "MD" on the label).

Disclaimer: I don't own any grenadines from sam hober, just several Thai silk pocket squares and one tie.

13. Loudly

Loudly Senior member

Second H&H. For the money, my grenadine H&H ties can't be beat. I wear a blue one as a "default" left in the office that gets worn 2 to 3x the frequency of my other ties, and it keeps on tickin'. I have some very nice grenadine (if not, they're very similar to grenadine) Charvets, which are nicer but more dear and more fragile.
    Can't comment on the quality but Harvie and Hudson have a few grenadine knit ties on their website.

14. johnny_flapjack

johnny_flapjack Senior member

Where can you get these? The website offers only pocket squares and cufflinks.

Thanks for the list, though. Should be plenty of options there

Here's a thread of Kent's in the B&S. I don't actually understand why his ties, socks, shirts, etc. are not on his site, but I know that he posts them in the B&S and probably gives instructions in the thread on how to order them. If not, send him a PM. I'm sure if you have $ he'll be happy to help you figure out how to spend it.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=127774

15. apropos

apropos Senior member

That was way in the past, and I think SH has addressed that problem. [​IMG]