Looking for good cobbler in Northern Cal.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Yaz, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Yaz

Yaz Senior member

I have some dress shoes and boots I'd like to have re-soled. As I'm relatively new to the area, I was hoping someone could recommend a good quality cobbler/shoemaker in the Northern California area. Can be anywhere between San Francisco and San Jose, as I live pretty much right in between.

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Coho

Coho Senior member

I go to a shop called "Village Cobbler" on University Avenue in Palo Alto. The shop is run by two Al Salvadorean brothers. They do a good job on most of my dress boots at decent rates: $45-60 to get heel and front sole completely redo.

I have some dress shoes and boots I'd like to have re-soled. As I'm relatively new to the area, I was hoping someone could recommend a good quality cobbler/shoemaker in the Northern California area. Can be anywhere between San Francisco and San Jose, as I live pretty much right in between.

Thanks for any suggestions.

3. fracmeister

fracmeister Well-Known Member

Try Lark Creek in in the City. Fantastic cobbler but the flavor depends on what fruit is in season. Yummmm

4. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Senior member

What is resoling like? Do they take apart the layers and put new layers or will I be able to keep the original bottom layer?

EDIT: I'm new to this level of shoe care. Sorry if my lexicon isn't well developed.