Looking for fit into for Cheaney's Newcastle on 205 Last

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by razl, Jan 22, 2012.

1. razl

razl Senior member

I am looking at Cheaney's Newcastle on the 205 Last and would like fit input. I'm normally a US 10.5+ (something like a 10.7 in my right foot and a 10.5 in the left).

Any input would be helpful :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  2. poincare0

poincare0 Well-Known Member

First the good news: you are in luck as I am told that all Cheaney's are 0,2 bigger on the right foot. So any 10.5 pair will fit you just right
    Now the bad news: they are all low quality shoes not worth more than $200- and so I feel you are about to make a big mistake

3. ncdobson

ncdobson Senior member

I'm a pretty standard US10.5D, & I tried on several pairs of Cheaney oxfords while visiting Manchester a couple of weeks ago. UK9.5E (Cheaney's standard med.) fit in all shoes. So I can't comment on that particular last, & boots might be a little different, but I'd bet on UK9.5E.

Hope that helps,

Nick D.

4. razl

razl Senior member

I suspect you're pulling my leg, the one with the big foot.

I'm aware of where Cheaney ranks among members; that most consider them in the average-to-good (commonly noted as a notch below C&J) but that some also say they are capable of better (they do have a wide range of lines and make shoes for others as well). The Newcastle that I'm looking at is an "alternative" shoe, a wingtip chukka, which is a bit off the beaten path to begin and not a serious business shoe, so the fact that it's not necessarily exceptional quality might still be OK . Do you have first hand experience with them and/or can give details?