• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for driving shoe

twin8885

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good driving shoe, i really like the brown Tod's one, but I am looking for a more afordable version.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tods outlets sometimes have really good prices. If you know your size, and a model (from last season or the one before) you like, call their outlet stores and see what they have. I was in one today and saw some shoes at "regular" outlet prices, some at 30% off, and some at 50% off (the outlet price). I think most drivers were the "regular" price, but they had some great mocs with various soles at even greater discounts. Might be worth some phone calls.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of Tods that I got at NM Last CAll for $30.

Bouji

Reaction score
In the sale at Gucci I got a pair of suede ones with bamboo horse-bit for 80 pounds.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Tods outlets sometimes have really good prices.
Where does Tod's have outlets?

I have a pair of Tods that I got at NM Last CAll for $30.
Holy smokes! That's a great deal. I bought my last pair in London for 30 pounds off-still spent $200 and that was when the FX was good!

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try these at 75% off the full retail price
http://www.virtualclotheshorse.com/i...id=81083253317

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Where does Tod's have outlets?
Cabazon (Palm Springs) has a Tod's outlet. You can check the listings at www.premiumoutlets.com to find more.

Holy smokes! That's a great deal. I bought my last pair in London for 30 pounds off-still spent $200 and that was when the FX was good!
Yeah it was a good deal.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
As it turns out my brother is not too far from the Orlando outlet which has Zegna, Tod's and Ferragamo. A visit may be in order...

Those are good outlets. I bought a pair of Emporio Armani lambskin lounge shoes there that are some of the most comfortable shoes I have and they were $80.

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really wouldn't pay that much for driving shoes. I just wear a pair of "And ones" that cost about $20. They work fine. And the main reason is to protect my dress shoes. So, I don't need another pair of driving shoes that are just as expensive as my dress shoes.

twin8885

Reaction score
I wouldnt literally use them for driving, Ijust like the style and look.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I wish Geox was still at Nordstroms...they were almost as good as Tod's and could be had for $80.

Driving mocs done well are superb for driving but you really need Piloti's for the best performance on the track.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads