• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For Comments On My MySuit Suit (With Pictures)

Stephen Jones

Reaction score
Hello all. After reading this forum for a few months, looking for a suit, I finally got one. Living in NYC, I had a few options, which I narrowed down to Mr. Ned and MySuit. Obviously, by the title, I landed on MySuit for this one. Would love to get some comments on the fit from those more experienced with this topic to help with the next one I'm going to "commission". MySuit stores the measurements, so I can come in and ask to shorten the arms by 1/8th of an inch, etc.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Waist is too tight. See how the vents are open in the side view and the sides look rippled in the front view?

Sleeves might need rotating.

And FFS, please don't wear that suit with cowboy boots.

Out of curiousity, why would you pick Mysuit over Mr. Ned? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
waist is pulled in too much in the back.
have that relaeased a bit.
looks like something is going on at the back seat of the pants, but cant tell while the jacket ison.

why would you shorten the sleeves?

Stephen Jones

Reaction score
I took the pictures after two back-to-back vacations, one of which was a wedding. I ate too much and worked out too little. I think that is causing the tight waist. However, I will pay attention to it once I get back into the swing of things. On the sleeve rotating, I actually asked the same thing at the store when I noticed the sleeves rippled look and got the response back that this is a limitation of MySuit; they can't rotate the sleeves. I'm not that muscular, but they said that was the reason.

I went with MySuit over Mr Ned for this first suit mainly due to the cost. I'm still not sure what I'm looking for in a suit, so I figured I can work it out on the MySuit suits before going to the (at least) doubled priced Mr Ned. I'm going to work my way up to 6-8 suits, so there is room for all. Obviously, this only works if MySuit produces something of quality and I'm happy with the first one. I'm sure Mr Ned could make the sleeves and pants fit better, for sure.

The shortened sleeves were just an example and, while I am originally from Texas, those aren't cowboy boots. Don't worry. (Those are my one non-AE pair of shoes. Going to swing for some C&Js one of these weeks.)

Thanks for the comments.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waist has nothing to do with short term over eating. It is fundamentally too tight cause the ripples and opening vent.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Waist has nothing to do with short term over eating. It is fundamentally too tight cause the ripples and opening vent.

As usual your responses are so far off base..

if he lost 5 pounds the same problem in back would still exist.
the balance of the garment is off.
i doubt that the proper posture correction is even in their computer system
he has slightly sway posture. they just pulled too much in from the back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads