• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Chino brands

Bespokeplad

Reaction score

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UniQlo is overpriced? I’m not even sure how to answer that.

hamnjam

Reaction score
kind of funny there has been a misunderstanding with uniqlo

seriously tho, i quite like uniqlo chinos for value.

not certain about those ted bakers being chinos. remind me more of a dress trousers, not sure if you are going for a formal look with your chinos.

Bespokeplad

Reaction score
kind of funny there has been a misunderstanding with uniqlo

seriously tho, i quite like uniqlo chinos for value.

not certain about those ted bakers being chinos. remind me more of a dress trousers, not sure if you are going for a formal look with your chinos.

I was looking through TB and saw the trousers and wanted to ask what users on this forum feel about Ted Baker and if they're good to get.

Land's End

Are they good quality? They kind of remind me of the GAP with all their chino versions. I skipped J.Crew because to me they went downhill. I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices, even though I've read tons of reviews about Norseprojects being a good chino pant, color doesn't fade good construction, but they don't really have slim fit chinos, they do but are baggy from what I've read from people who purchased it.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices

given that no one knows exactly what that means, how is anyone expected to answer.

Personally, I actually like UniQlo. Try it. A pair of chinos will set you back around $30. What have you to lose? Another option is J Crew.

As long as they fit properly you’re about 75% there. Chinos are inherently casual and I’m not sure the relative value of paying $200-300 for a pair vs. $30-75 is really that much.

Panama

Reaction score
I was looking through TB and saw the trousers and wanted to ask what users on this forum feel about Ted Baker and if they're good to get.

Are they good quality? They kind of remind me of the GAP with all their chino versions. I skipped J.Crew because to me they went downhill. I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices, even though I've read tons of reviews about Norseprojects being a good chino pant, color doesn't fade good construction, but they don't really have slim fit chinos, they do but are baggy from what I've read from people who purchased it.
Land's End were £18.50 in the sale last month, exceptional value. They are replacing BB chinos in my wardrobe.

hamnjam

Reaction score
Land's End were £18.50 in the sale last month, exceptional value. They are replacing BB chinos in my wardrobe.

Wow at that price, worth it just to see if fit works out.

Clothes_Collector

Reaction score
I've purchased multiple pairs of chinos from Charles Tyrwhitt with no issues. The fit was perfect.

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
I prefer Incotex or Vigano' .... or Lubiam (Luigi Bianchi, LBM 1911)

Northants bloke

Reaction score
Anyone tried 'Replay'? I've just bought 2 pairs (both colours) seem quite solid slim fit with stretch. Pricey though.
Bought some hugo boss textured in slim cut late last year just starting to get some wear out of them.
Not as as good but I thought the Marks & Spencer stretchy slim travel chinos earlier this year were good for around £40.
I have worn Ted Baker before I changed size last year. I liked them at the time but not sure they are good value for money

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads