• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for Chino brands

Bespokeplad

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm looking for decent Chino brands, looked at Bonobos (walmart) and uni gio (overpriced) is there anything better out there for the quality to price ratio?

I was also looking at these https://www.tedbaker.com/us/Mens/Clothing/Chinos/Slim-Fit-Chinos/SQUISHY-Slim-fit-herringbone-woven-trousers-Navy/p/230517-NAVY

Not sure what I can wear those with. Are these worth it?

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UniQlo is overpriced? I’m not even sure how to answer that.

hamnjam

Reaction score
kind of funny there has been a misunderstanding with uniqlo

seriously tho, i quite like uniqlo chinos for value.

not certain about those ted bakers being chinos. remind me more of a dress trousers, not sure if you are going for a formal look with your chinos.

Bespokeplad

Reaction score
kind of funny there has been a misunderstanding with uniqlo

seriously tho, i quite like uniqlo chinos for value.

not certain about those ted bakers being chinos. remind me more of a dress trousers, not sure if you are going for a formal look with your chinos.
I was looking through TB and saw the trousers and wanted to ask what users on this forum feel about Ted Baker and if they're good to get.

Land's End
Are they good quality? They kind of remind me of the GAP with all their chino versions. I skipped J.Crew because to me they went downhill. I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices, even though I've read tons of reviews about Norseprojects being a good chino pant, color doesn't fade good construction, but they don't really have slim fit chinos, they do but are baggy from what I've read from people who purchased it.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices
given that no one knows exactly what that means, how is anyone expected to answer.

Personally, I actually like UniQlo. Try it. A pair of chinos will set you back around $30. What have you to lose? Another option is J Crew.

As long as they fit properly you’re about 75% there. Chinos are inherently casual and I’m not sure the relative value of paying $200-300 for a pair vs. $30-75 is really that much.

Panama

Reaction score
I was looking through TB and saw the trousers and wanted to ask what users on this forum feel about Ted Baker and if they're good to get.

Are they good quality? They kind of remind me of the GAP with all their chino versions. I skipped J.Crew because to me they went downhill. I'm willing to pay for quality but not at extreme prices, even though I've read tons of reviews about Norseprojects being a good chino pant, color doesn't fade good construction, but they don't really have slim fit chinos, they do but are baggy from what I've read from people who purchased it.
Land's End were £18.50 in the sale last month, exceptional value. They are replacing BB chinos in my wardrobe.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.