• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for casual sneakers

handler4me

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm sorry if this post doesnt really fit in with the dress suit/pant posts but I am on the lookout for some good casual sneakers to wear for the usual everyday. I had my eyes on some Ben Shermans. Especially the "Cheetahs" Picture: http://slimages.macys.com/is....mt=jpeg I really liked the brown suede one in the middle, but my dilemma is what do you wear to match with it? Would a pair of jeans go good? If any of you guys have any other recommendations for come comfortable sneakers it would be greatly appreciated.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A.Harris made a wonderful suggestion: Pantofolo D'Oro (thanks Andrew, I bought one
biggrin.gif
) How about Puma's Rudolf Dassler line?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A.Harris made a wonderful suggestion: Pantofolo D'Oro (thanks Andrew, I bought one
biggrin.gif
) How about Puma's Rudolf Dassler line?
As much as I love Puma, I hate Puma. I'll explain: most Puma shoes are available in the U.S. except, when it comes to the higher end brands. Platinum, RDSF, Alias, etc... are not easily available stateside, there are only a few select companies that carry the lines and even then they might carry them on and off, depending the season. For example, Bergdorf Goodman normally carries shoes from the Puma Platinum line, but this season they are dropping the line and carrying different Puma shoes and will start selling Platinum shoes again in the spring. If you want a good looking Puma at a decent price, check this out (Puma Azur):
63488-p.jpg
Place to purchase Puma Azur and other Puma shoes Jon.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ImageWIS:
... most Puma shoes are available in the U.S. except, when it comes to the higher end brands. Platinum, RDSF, Alias, etc... are not easily available stateside
Thats pretty unfortunate.... some of the Puma Platinums I'm pretty leery of, way too overstyled.

rsp1

Reaction score
I am personally a huge fan of the Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 line. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/126799.html They are exceptionally comfortable and I have received many compliments on this shoe.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
What about these Ben Sherman kicks? http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/127404.html I just bought a pair of these Reebok kicks yesterday for about $20. Different colour and slightly different materials (grey suede with ligher colour of grey "mesh"). They had tons of them in different colours at this place I get all of my sneakers from. If anyone wants a pair, let me know. Saw a pair of Allen Edmond Lexington dress shoes as well for about $140 CDN (I think that's about $115 US). If anyone wants those, let me know as well. No finders fee necessary, just pay the shipping. I'll provide the receipt if anyone wants proof of price. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1109123/c/401.html

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Bluefly.com for some incredible deals on Ben Sherman kicks (under $30). A few seasons out of date, but honestly, who cares - they look good. I got my brother a pair, (honestly though, I buy the dude lots of cool clothes - Varvatos corduroys, Marni shirts, Zegna jackets, etc...) and he reciprocated with a very stylish pair of prada laceups. Thanks bud.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads