• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for Brookes Brothers ads that were in GQ amongst this photo

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.retro-housewife.com/image...-sept-2008.jpg

This is one of 3, 4, or 5 photos that was in a multi-page BB ad in at least one edition of GQ from a year or two (maybe more) back. I have spent a bunch of time looking through old editions (that I mostly throw out, but meant to keep this one for these ads) and can not find it. Just looking to see if anybody knows what edition the ads can be found in or online links to the similar pictures.

I know this may be odd, but my OCD is kicking in and I want to find this.

Thanks.

PS. My search has found that there are numerous ads around the same backdrop (central park?), but these other photos I am looking for have the same "family" in them.

Mad_Hatter

Reaction score
I belive they still use that ad campaign. Next time your at the news stand flip though GQ, Esquire, etc and there's a good chance you'll come across the ad or group of ads.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice ad.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 95///M3
The last image has been photoshopped with non existing buildings in the background. I have gone to that exact same spot in Central Park and tried to replicate the view, but it just can't be done.

that sure looks like cpw...

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 95///M3
The last image has been photoshopped with non existing buildings in the background. I have gone to that exact same spot in Central Park and tried to replicate the view, but it just can't be done.

Are you sure you were in the right place? The building on the left is the Beresford.

I'm totally into the woman in the first shot.

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's in the Esquire Big Black Book 2008. Probably a few other mens mags from the end of last year (Nov, Dec issues).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads