• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking For Boots Like This

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I desperately need to replace these old, much-abused Cole-Haans, but I haven't been able find anything similar: more rugged than a chelsea, but sleeker than a Timberland, and without the thick treaded sole and big rounded steel-reinforced toe you get with those kinds of real workboots. Please let me know if you have suggestions. Thanks.

thereverend

Reaction score
Don't have them, but from the pictures I see the Alden Indy boots might fit the bill:
405.jpg

Margaret

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thereverend
Don't have them, but from the pictures I see the Alden Indy boots might fit the bill:
405.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't really care for the white stitching in the toe area, but it led me to this other Alden, which I like much better. I think I'd like to stay closer to $200 for these kickaround boots, though, if I can find a good deal. I'd occasionally have them on while doing light duty weekend chores, and stuff like that, so I don't want anything I'll be too worried about getting a little occasional light abuse.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ts4them

Reaction score
yeah those are really nice, might have to get them

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Ahhh so those are the Brandos everyone's been talking about. I like em. A lot.
Me too, I might have to splurge on the cognacs.

batorizer

Reaction score
The brando lace-ups are very nice and comfortable. I've got both the brando and the indy. the indy is a workboot, where the brando is kind of military/western. They look great with straight cut jeans

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by batorizer
The brando lace-ups are very nice and comfortable. I've got both the brando and the indy. the indy is a workboot, where the brando is kind of military/western. They look great with straight cut jeans
Which color Brando? I like the natural look of the sole on the cognac! My only reservation is that the 8" height may be uncomfortable. I like their side zip Rider model too, but have reservations about the 2" heal. Decisions, decisions.....

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Margaret
I desperately need to replace these old, much-abused Cole-Haans, but I haven't been able find anything similar: more rugged than a chelsea, but sleeker than a Timberland, and without the thick treaded sole and big rounded steel-reinforced toe you get with those kinds of real workboots.

Please let me know if you have suggestions. Thanks.

those are really nice man....let me know what your replacement is...as those look insane

Brian SD

Reaction score
If anyone has some pictures of the Brandos being worn, I'd like to see how they look on a person. I really need a few new pairs of shoes but I wonder how big they are in person.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If anyone has some pictures of the Brandos being worn, I'd like to see how they look on a person. I really need a few new pairs of shoes but I wonder how big they are in person.
Ditto.

ken

Banned by Request
Reaction score
I've only tried them on. They're a lot sleeker and lower profile than the harness and engineer boots. Shorter heel and different sole, also. They were out of the black lace-ups for a long time, and now I might have to finally pull the trigger. But, alas, I am broke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads