• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

looking for an unstructured chino blazer

marg

Reaction score
i like this one by J Press, but they don't have my size...

http://www.jpressonline.com/casual_j...hp?id=ACEN/Tan

Any thoughts on a good one that will last me a few years? I have big shoulders and arms, so ultra slim fit jackets are no bueno. I've been looking for a bit now, so I hope someone out there knows something. Thanks guys!

marg

Reaction score
fit perfect everywhere except the shoulders. that's what prompted my search for one that fits.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BB do them, probably out soon for the spring/summer. Khaki or Navy last year.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ianiceman
BB do them, probably out soon for the spring/summer. Khaki or Navy last year.

FWIW, the BB chino blazer is on Gilt today for $99. If you're a size XXL.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lands' End Canvas makes a very decent three-roll-two cotton jacket. I have two (navy and beige)

JTA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
The Borrelli Sorrento was one of the best out there... if you can still find one.

I have one in my signature
biggrin.gif

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
Lands' End Canvas makes a very decent three-roll-two cotton jacket. I have two (navy and beige)

Do you have a fit pic of it?

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Do you have a fit pic of it?
This is a 38R. I had the sleeves shortened, the waist taken in, and the back cleaned up by a tailor. The material is heavy cotton, so it doesn't drape like wool. (Wrinkles around shoulders) Middle picture is with the button done, third picture is with the button undone
1609yt1.jpg
Before alterations:
28454971.jpg

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. What's your height/weight if you don't mind my asking? Looks like the waist is still too loose for my tastes and the sleeves too long. The price of that blazer is pretty good, but if it needs too much work (and it has working button holes, too) then it's not worth the hassle.

Edit: Oh, nm, didn't see the "before/after". Looks good!

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
Thank you. What's your height/weight if you don't mind my asking? Looks like the waist is still too loose for my tastes and the sleeves too long. The price of that blazer is pretty good, but if it needs too much work (and it has working button holes, too) then it's not worth the hassle.
5'10'' , 165 lbs

aik1

Reaction score
Those sleeves still look long. I'm curious as to how the tailor went about the alteration - from the shoulder seam or from the cuff?

69clyde

Reaction score
I am wearing on right now, Ralph Lauren polo, 3-button patch pox. I am very happy with it.

Poindexter

Reaction score
You know, I was just in Macy's, and they have a bunch of them, some quite nice looking, in about five or six different styles. Cheep, 2.

Almost got one, but chickened out. Maybe this weekend.

P

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads