Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Looking for Alden or Allen Edmonds shoes, please

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by supersede, May 15, 2013.

1. supersede

supersede Member

Hello everyone,

I'm supersede, and I joined this blog to ask these questions.

Please give me your expertise and help me to find the shoes (and briefcase) that I desire. Thanks.

I wear a size 10 B in the Allen Edmonds "Grayson" (or newer model "Adams") tassel loafer, and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. I wear a size 10.5 B in the Alden tassel loafer (whose name, if there is one, I don't know), and they are the most beautiful shoes I own. I wear a size 10 B in the Johnston & Murphy "Westchester" tassel loafer, and they are fine shoes too, but I prefer the previous two.

I would like to find a barely-worn pair of tassel loafers or "full strap" penny loafers (by Alden or Allen Edmonds, which also calls its full strap model the "Westchester"). I am also interested in the Allen Edmonds "Patriot" penny loafer, preferably with a leather and rubber combination sole and heel. I would like to find a black or a wine/burgundy pair.

In addition, please tell me what size to order in the Gokey Sauvage oxford, casual mocasin-style shoe (sold new by Orvis), which I have been told requires one half size larger than usual and one size wider. If this advice is correct, then I figure I should get a 10.5 C in that casual shoe. I would have to pay $50 more for a new pair ($275), because the "regular" pair ($225) sizes begin with a "D" width.

Finally, I am interested in finding a classic-styled briefcase, with the single clasp flap, single handle, which reflects quality craftsmanship. Rawlings used to offer a "legal-styled" brief bag, new, for around $500, but no longer offers that model.

Best wishes,

supersede