1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for advice from Porsche owners...

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by DerekS, May 18, 2012.

1. FUMAO

FUMAO Well-Known Member

Given that we are on a clothes/style forum, is it not just ok to say 'because I like the look of it better'?

Personally I think the E46 looks dated compared to the E90, both inside and out.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

That's a valid opinion. I just feel like the facelifted e46 looks like a modern classic where the e90 suffers from trying to be modern while not actually aging gracefully.

Also, it seems to be easier to find manual optioned e46 specimens. See if you can find a wagon!

Either way, I think it's a FAR smarter choice than going for one of those old semi-luxo SUV money pits.

1 person likes this.
  3. FUMAO

FUMAO Well-Known Member

I think the E90 wagon doesn't look to bad either!

[​IMG]

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

5. Millerp

Millerp Senior member

It's an F31

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  6. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

e90 wagon (euro spec)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  7. FUMAO

FUMAO Well-Known Member

Ah my mistake. Well I like the e90 too. I've decided to wait an extra couple of weeks so I can up my budget to $14k. Should have plenty of options at that price point.

8. epb

epb Senior member

They are something of a gamble - the issues with the engine aren't as prevalent as the internet makes them seem, but at current values if you're unlucky you're looking at spending a healthy chunk of what you paid to fix it. Lots of people aren't willing to take that gamble. Best bet, if you can swing it, is the 996 turbos or GT models when use a different engine without the weaknesses. Or you can pays your money and take you chances. :)

9. mbaum

mbaum Senior member

For your stated price point of $12k - $14k, all of the above are fairly crappy choices. Sounds to me like all of the guys who want a Ferrari, then buy a mid/ late 80's Mondial and then cannot afford the maintenance on it. All of the cars above (Save perhaps for the VW) will cost what fellow posters mentioned in maintenance and by now are just lame, old, used cars.

If you have that budget to spend, I would highly recommend to finance/ lease something super fun within your budget. Say a stick shift Abarth 500 or a Subaru TRX/ Scion TR-S, Golf GTI … you get the drift. If you can't afford the cars above then simply don't.

Mike

10. FUMAO

FUMAO Well-Known Member

Dragging this thread up again, ended up getting a 2010 VW CC. Had it about 5 months now and very pleased with it.