• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a Wholecut to get married in!!

sharppockets

Reaction score
OK, so i was going to get me this shoes but come to find out it is not available :-(

http://nettletonshoes.com/product-category/english-cavalry/ The regiment in brown,

What are some good whole cut (prefered with medallion) shoes out there, Wearing a Grey suit with Dark navy jacket if that helps, I am wanting to get something better than AE but less than 1000

Help me out :-D TIA To give an idea of what i am wearing this is the model closest to the Samuelsohn suit im getting attached.

c2fd76b31fd4323bf4cb974ca3081a66.jpg

paxonus

Reaction score
I would wear black shoes with that suit. With that color combination and the formality of the occasion brown will not look right.

sharppockets

Reaction score
I would wear black shoes with that suit. With that color combination and the formality of the occasion brown will not look right.
I thought you could wear brown with grey? was shooting for brown to get a little more versatility out of an 600+ shoe. I'm no expert so I'll take advice whenever I can tho, also note that the better 3/4 will be wearing brown oxfords as she hates heels and wants to actually be comfortable.

https://www.bedstu.com/women/oxfords-shoes/desi-tan-nectar

paxonus

Reaction score
I thought you could wear brown with grey? was shooting for brown to get a little more versatility out of an 600+ shoe. I'm no expert so I'll take advice whenever I can tho, also note that the better 3/4 will be wearing brown oxfords as she hates heels and wants to actually be comfortable.

https://www.bedstu.com/women/oxfords-shoes/desi-tan-nectar
In a regular grey suit, i.e., matching jacket and trousers, brown shoes would be fine. But you are not wearing a regular suit. With the matching vest and pants and a dark jacket you are venturing into morning suit territory. Although the traditional morning jacket is a long cutaway style, it is the contrasting colors that is key in your suit. The morning suit is more formal than a regular suit. Just as you wouldn't wear brown shoes with a tuxedo, you also wouldn't wear them with a morning suit.

sharppockets

Reaction score
huh, had no idea that was a thing, never heard of a morning suit. The more you know. Well my local clothing store said the nettleton rep was bringing in some comparable shoes to the one i originally picked, I shall see if they have black. Guess i will have to learn how to make black shoes more versatile.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely black shoes with that suit.

sharppockets

Reaction score
Decided to break the rules and went with the Nettleton Regiment in Brown.

20180711_180138.jpg

20180705_113701.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads